PDA

View Full Version : Incoming skaven!

Erazoender
08-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Skaven have just been announced for November.

"Incoming! Skaven

This November the Skaven will be clawing and scurrying their way across the Old World with renewed ferocity. As well as a new army book, there are plenty of new metal and plastic miniatures being released, so you'll have a host of new war machines, monsters and characters to field alongside your classic favourites. Here's a first look at Alex Boyd's great piece of cover art for the new Warhammer Armies: Skaven."

Zigmunth
08-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Right... more rats...

WE SHALL STOMP DEM WITH FOOT OF GORK (or Mork...)

Erazoender
08-22-2009, 10:22 AM
xD

I don't know, but a Sotek army will be having some fun with them.

brominated
08-22-2009, 08:29 PM
I finally get to dust-off my Skaven-fearing weapons. yay. Part of me hopes they still retain the ability to table themselves.

GPrime
08-23-2009, 01:15 AM
Hmm.. going by the cover art it looks like clanrats may be getting triangular shields

Herald of Nurgle
08-24-2009, 01:39 PM
The Skaven are warped and mutated creatures, as much rat as man. They are hideous, hunched monsters, a grotesque parody of humanity - the stuff of nightmares given form. From their underground empire they plot the downfall of the other races, preparing for a day when they can rise up and usurp the civilised world.

As a race the Skaven fight as an innumerable horde, a chittering, squealing army of cruel and malicious warriors who, though individually weak, are incredibly dangerous in large numbers. Armed with notched blades and pilfered spears, the Skaven Clanrats are supported by towering war machines of incredible power - from the arcane technologies of the Doomwheel and Warp Lightning Cannon to the infernal magic of the Screaming Bell. With these ramshackle weapons of war in their midst, the Skaven are a truly terrifying and deadly foe.

V Clan Rat from new plastic set
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m420108a_Skaven_370_2.jpg

(Direct from GW site, though)
This November, the Skaven are being set loose, with a 112-page army book packed full of detailed background, lavish artwork and all the rules you'll need to unleash the Skaven on the battlefield. Of course, there's also a dazzling array of fantastic new miniatures on their way too, including stunning multi-part plastic kits and finely detailed metal miniatures.

Keep an eye out for September's issue of White Dwarf for even more tantalising Skaven news!

Gilean1
08-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Ok the new model pics are starting to grow on me.

I can't wait until November so i can blow even more money on this army.

Diagnosis Ninja
08-24-2009, 05:00 PM
That skaven mini looks a lot better than what I think they do now... Still, I doubt that I would get into them properly, seen as I still have about 4 projects I would like to complete for 40k, want to collect Empire/ Orcs and Goblins, as well as wanting to go to Japan! Mental.

Sigose
08-25-2009, 08:05 PM
I will hold my option of these new models to the release and see if I am going to use them for a nurgle themed side army for my chaos army. :D

TheKingElessar
08-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Either that Skaven is an awesome piece of sculptage...or it's only a couple pieces.

Mananarepublic
08-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Couldn't be more excited - I already have a 2000+ pts all metal skaven force (including the old REALLY ugly rat ogres) which I have a feeling will grow considerably now.

For all you remembering Andy Chambers article - this one is for you :-)

/M

bigmackdadd
09-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Judging by the WD, the Skaven should have new triangular shields..I presume that you want them for your jezzails(i cant spell that) and judging by the cover, we will see the return of Warlord Queek...who i will guess is a Wulfrik the wandereresque character