PDA

View Full Version : Craftworld Eldar vs. Regular Eldaar

Lednera
08-23-2009, 01:46 AM
Hi guys since we are going with latest codex for all things I was wondering is or do we have an updated list for Craftworld Eldar other then 3rd Edition I think book of Craftworld Eldar. I was wondering if that book was still legal or did the 4th edition codex for eldar trump that one, exodites, and old 3rd edition codex?

Abominable Plague Marine
08-23-2009, 04:58 AM
As a rule of thumb, new version of rule books always supercede the old version.

I dont mind the 4th ed version, but the options I would use for an Eldar Pirate theme still seem quite limiting (but I enjoy the challenge)!

TheKingElessar
08-23-2009, 07:47 AM
There has NEVER been a Legal Exodite Codex...

'Regular' Eldar ARE Craftworld Eldar.

Culven
08-23-2009, 01:16 PM
I don't believe that the Craftworld Eldar codex is considered legal, having been superceded by the new Eldar codex. However, the feel of most Craftworld armies can be created with unit selection, so the only thing that is lost are the special rules.

Pinky Narfanek
08-23-2009, 06:58 PM
There has NEVER been a Legal Exodite Codex...

'Regular' Eldar ARE Craftworld Eldar.
At one point in time, there was a Codex: Craftworld Eldar (http://www.amazon.com/Warhammer-40-000-Codex-Craftworld/dp/1841540293/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251075223&sr=8-1) and not just Codex: Eldar (http://www.amazon.com/Codex-Eldar-Warhammer-40-000/dp/1869893395/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251075328&sr=1-1). Nothing to do with exodites so far as I'm aware.

Links to Amazon, I think I've got the editions correct, but may not.

TheKingElessar
08-23-2009, 09:29 PM
LMAO.

I have every Eldar book back to 2nd Edition.

I need no puny Amazon links.

There has NEVER been an Exodite book released by GW. They featured, very little, in the 2nd Ed book, never got a range of models, and were dropped from all but fluff.

Off topic: When the hell did Pinky and the Brain do a Bab5 crossover?!? lol

darth_papi76
08-25-2009, 06:56 PM
sigh....how I miss the Ulthwe Strikeforce:( It would be great if the next codex had Dragon Knights and a Solitaire.

TheKingElessar
08-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Yes, fleeing never to regroup, irrespective of casualties, lol.

I don't see Exodites returning to the main Eldar Dex. I can see them in a EoT/LatD style expansion...but that's unlikely, as the Tyranids have already eaten about half of them by M42.

darth_papi76
08-25-2009, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE=TheKingElessar;10814]Yes, fleeing never to regroup, irrespective of casualties, lol.

That's what made the army so much fun! Knowing that a few well placed whirlwind blasts could make everything fall apart like a house of cards. Then again, I could just be going through one of those "Good old days" moments.:D

TheKingElessar
08-25-2009, 07:31 PM
I miss my BS4 Vypers, and War Walkers, and, hell, Guardians. Even the Spear of Khaine was fun.

Pinky Narfanek
08-27-2009, 08:52 PM
LMAO.
There has NEVER been an Exodite book released by GW. They featured, very little, in the 2nd Ed book, never got a range of models, and were dropped from all but fluff.

Off topic: When the hell did Pinky and the Brain do a Bab5 crossover?!? lol
ack.

mea culpa, I missed the exodite reference in the first (despite reading it multiple times), and thought you were saying that generic craftworld eldar were the same as the "big time" craftworld eldar.

OT: They didn't. I just found the image a few years ago and glommed onto it.

Bunny
08-28-2009, 01:51 AM
As has already been pointed out, the newer codex supersedes Craftworld Eldar as well as the main 3rd Ed. codex. Although some of the units from Craftworld Eldar have Apoc datasheets i.e: Seer Council, Ulthwe Strike force (No BS 4 though).

Exodites: You're probably thinking of the unofficial 3rd Ed. Exodite codex written by Agis Neugebauer and Philip Bowles. Which was submitted to GW for possible inclusion in the Citadel Journal, but as far as I am aware GW never printed it.

Mabye they will feature in an Imperial Armour book someday, though I doubt it.

chromedog
08-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Exodite dragon knights DID feature as a unit in the 2nd ed codex, but not since (in a GW publication).
Yes, there was the Agis Neugebauer 'codex', but it was about as official to use as "codex:tiddlywinks".

Bunny
08-28-2009, 10:11 PM
You mean I can't use my Tiddlywinks army at a tournament!

GW did publish some additional 2nd Edition rules for Exodites in the Citadel Journal. can't remember what exactly, but I do remember a converted Prince Imrik model riding a plastic T-rex.

chromedog
08-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Yep, pretty sure Agis wrote those, too.
He's had a bit of work published in the CJ, as well as WD when he worked for them.