PDA

View Full Version : Close Combat Weapons

Deej
08-23-2009, 03:25 AM
Hi All,

I think my friends and I might have been getting something quite elementary wrong.

In close combat, if I have a 'nid with rending claws and 3 attacks on it's profile, how many of those attack dice are subject to rending rules? We've been playing it as only one die is subject to the auto-wound on a 6 to wound.

Similarly, if (for the sake of the example) he has an assault marine sarge with a normal close combat weapon and a power fist, that's one die at normal initiative for the CC weapon, and one die at initiative 1 for the powerfist, right?

We're used to 2nd Ed. rules, where everything was worked out with a lot less abstraction!

Aldramelech
08-23-2009, 04:09 AM
Ive always assumed that the power fist reduces the models Initiative to 1, so it attcks last.

memnarch_129
08-23-2009, 04:11 AM
Any model which has the Rending rule applies it to all of their attacks. Example a daemonette has 3 attacks (4 on the charge) if i roll a 6 on 3 of the 4 dice then 3 of my opponents models will take a wound regarless of the toughness of the model and get no normal armor save.

Now on the question of the power fist cc i am understood that ALL of a models attacks are made at their lowest initiative. Hence a power fist and cc char will get his attacks at Initiative 1.

SeattleDV8
08-23-2009, 04:15 AM
Ok , first All of the 'nid attacks are ( and subject to ) rending.
In the second question All of the attack in this case would be from the Power Fist ( so Int 1 and St 8)
Read the BRB pg. 35 "All engaged models will fight with.... their full number of attacks and use any special weapons they have."

Deej
08-23-2009, 04:32 AM
Ta. That makes Rending and Power weapons a lot more useful, but doesn't seem terribly realistic. Will make for a more dramatic game though!