PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point skaven- new player, need help

Midge913
10-20-2010, 07:59 PM
So I went halvsies on a IoB with a buddy of mine who plays High Elves, and I am trying to put a competitive list together for the 2000 point range for the time being to take advantage of all my cool new models, this is the list I came up with. Comments and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Lords
Grey Seer- screaming bell, 2 warpstone tokens, skalm= 500

Heroes
Chieftain- extra hand weapon, warpstone armor, potion of speed, poisoned attacks=97

Warlock Engineer- level 2 upgrade, warlock-augmented weapon, world's edge armor, warplock pistol= 178

Core
Clanrats x 50- spears, shields, full command, these will push the bell= 270

Clanrats x30-spears, shields, full command, warpfire thrower= 240

Stormvermin x 20- full command, magic standard- banner of the under empire, poisoned wind mortar, the chieftain will be with this group= 255

Giant Rats- 13 rats, packmaster, Master Moulder w/ electro-whip and rat hound= 100

Special
Rat ogres- 2 rat ogres, Master Moulder w/ shock-prod= 138

Warplock Jezzails- 2 and sharpshooter= 70

Rare
Doomwheel= 150

total=1998

Suggestions and advice welcome

Jwolf
10-31-2010, 08:28 PM
Bells suffer a lot in 8th Edition; I advise taking the Seer off the Bell.

Skaven are an excellent shooting army, but not such a great melee army.

A BSB is a must-have.

I would get more shooting and decrease the reliance on actually winning melee combat.

Beta_Ray_Bill
11-01-2010, 07:57 PM
So I went halvsies on a IoB with a buddy of mine who plays High Elves, and I am trying to put a competitive list together for the 2000 point range for the time being to take advantage of all my cool new models, this is the list I came up with. Comments and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Lords
Grey Seer- screaming bell, 2 warpstone tokens, skalm= 500

Heroes
Chieftain- extra hand weapon, warpstone armor, potion of speed, poisoned attacks=97

Warlock Engineer- level 2 upgrade, warlock-augmented weapon, world's edge armor, warplock pistol= 178

Core
Clanrats x 50- spears, shields, full command, these will push the bell= 270

Clanrats x30-spears, shields, full command, warpfire thrower= 240

Stormvermin x 20- full command, magic standard- banner of the under empire, poisoned wind mortar, the chieftain will be with this group= 255

Giant Rats- 13 rats, packmaster, Master Moulder w/ electro-whip and rat hound= 100

Special
Rat ogres- 2 rat ogres, Master Moulder w/ shock-prod= 138

Warplock Jezzails- 2 and sharpshooter= 70

Rare
Doomwheel= 150

total=1998

Suggestions and advice welcome

Agreed, that cheiftan should be a bsb. Your warlock engineer is way overgeared. You are better off taking several with just a few items. A Doom rocket does wonders if you learn to judge distance well.

Master moulders always go in front, so you're better off taking several packmasters rather than a points dump of a champ that dies just as fast as your average clanrat.

From my experience, people tend to avoid the bell all together, or throw elite units at it, where the dreaded 13th works wonders. It's nearly a sure bet against phoenix guard and the like. Also, you get d3 tokens with the grey seer as standard wargear, so I wouldn't bother adding any.

Going back on the moulders should buy you extra ROgres and giant rats, numbers are your friend.

Jezzails are awesome, but way expensive(money wise). Build up some cash and get more.

I know people who have given up on clan rats all together, if you want to bolster your odd of winning, get lots of slaves, stormvermin are ok, but are slightly better with queek.

And don't forget about the bell unit: 4 on one side and 3 on the other count as horde formation, and the unit pushing the bell can take a weapon team. A plague wind mortar in that unit can be scary.

There are my suggestions. Good luck to you! You'll need it...