PDA

View Full Version : Ghazskull or mega armoured warboss?

icecube
08-23-2009, 08:48 AM
So a simple question: should i take Ghazskull or a mega armoured warboss in my army?

Old_Paladin
08-23-2009, 05:09 PM
It depends; what role do you want them to play?

The Mega-boss is pretty good and cheap (even with a lot of options added on)
Ghazskull is even better and makes the entire army function better as well; but he eates up the points.

So the question is would you rather have an extra unit of something (with a Mega-boss); or the knowledge that the whole army will get a turn 2 Waaaaaagh! (that also lasts into turn 3; and is max fleet in both turns).

Savark
08-23-2009, 05:17 PM
I chosse Ghaz in my army, although in my 1000 point battle i only get him, the black reach warboss, 5 meganobz and 10 nobz, one battlewagon and a trukk. i was outnumbered by necrons, i manged to get them phased out by turn three though =D

Katie Drake
08-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Ghazghull, pretty much regardless of what the rest of the army looks like. I guess in a very small game a normal Warboss in mega armor might be a better choice, but Ghazghul does so much more it's actually kinda crazy. Let's see... he's Immune to Instant Death, gets +2 Attacks on the charge, ensures that you automatically roll 6's to run on the turn that you declare the Waaagh! and receives a 2+ Invulnerable save that same turn, to boot. He might be expensive, but he hits like a ton of bricks (even if it's a very slow turn of bricks!).