PDA

View Full Version : Target 1,500 pt DE list

isotope99
10-21-2010, 07:12 AM
Brides of Frankenstein

This is my target 1,500pt Dark Eldar list together with some plans for modelling and the reasons I took each unit:

Succubus w/ agoniser & haywire grenades [Coverted Jain Zarr model]
The tooled up archon was tempting, but I want something a bit cheaper for this army, plus the succubus fits the theme better.

Haemonculus w/ archangel of pain and animus vitae [Rakarth mini as a regular guy]
Goes with the wracks upgrading them to furious charge and hopefully getting a wound reroll on the charge with their posion. Animus vitae is a cheap way to get extra pain tokens but only likely to be useful against really weak opponents like guard. The archangel of pain is potentailly useful to make your assault even better but I might trade it out for a different weapon like the hexrifle.

9 Wracks with liquifier gun [Plague monks, ghouls and wych/hellion weapons]
Raider with torment grenades [Raider plus corpse cart]
These guys are good solid trops with T4 and FNP as standard plus 2 poison weapons. Plan is for them to be in the lead raider in case the initiative gets stolen from me.

9 Wyches with Shardnet, 2 times 10 Wyches with Shardnet and Hekatrix w/agoniser [All female wyches]
3 Raiders [Raiders with wych conversions as hanging crew, slaves etc.]
These three squads are the core assault force, the small one being the bodyguard for my succubus.

5 wracks with liquifier gun [see above]
These guys are only there to camp out on any objectives and go to ground. Likely to be in reserve and try to sneak on later in the game to go for a home objective.

5 scourges with 2 blasters [Warrior bodies with sanguinary guard wings and daemonette feet]
These guys are my suicide squad for dealing with hard to reach mech like IG artillery, finsihing off a MC etc. They're not likely to survive but have a decent chance of deep striking and disabling a tank.

Cronos with spirit vortex [Reaver jetbike carapaces plus Trygon legs and Ork dredd weapons]
The cronos is a bit slow but hopefully will catch up in time to dish out some FNP on my wyches. Also good for guarding objectives if needed.

Void raven with night and flicker fields and 2 10point missiles [FW phoenix with missiles and extra dark eldar style blades]
Expensive, but I love the idea of having a proper aircraft in the army. In early turns when raiders are likely to be the main target it will be in the open to try and get clear shots to enemy mech. In later turns to stay out of sight and try and use its move and fire skills to reduce enemy return fire.

Ravager with night and flicker fields and retrofire jets [Ravager with crouched over reaver gunners]
The ravager is handy for destroying mech and I gave it Deep Strike for suicide runs on IG artillery, Tau Broadsides or similar. Can also draw fire away from the raiders.