vindicator 115

long fangs x 6 140
missile x 5
razorback 75
twin link lascannon

I just finished this list and am looking for input on improvments to the list

lowdog
10-21-2010, 09:48 PM
I like that your list looks different from most net lists. I am hesitant to give too much advice for fear of turning your army into another cookie cutter wolf list. You certainly seem to be taking stuff bc it's cool and/or fluffy, and I don't want to discourage that. So take any advice below with a grain of salt.

Wolf Lord 196
frost blade,storm sheild,saga of the warrior

Good set up. The frost blade saves your high initiative. Might consider giving him meltabombs if you have the points if his squad hits a vehicle or walker. Is he going with the blood claws?

Rune priest 120
chooser of the slain,saga of the beastslayer
living lightning,fury of the wolf spirits

Why saga of the beastslayer?

Elits

dreadnought 115
missile

dreadnought 115
missile

So assault cannon and missile launcher? Interesting set up, though my concern is the AC is relatively short-ranged compared to the ML. If you are going to keep the AC or a multi-melta I'd leave the combat arm on and pod them in so they get up close and personal instead of having to trundle forward to get in range. If they are going to sit back I'd go with Twin-linked Lascannon and Missile Launcher or the popular "rifleman" combo of 2 Twin-linked Autocannons. That way you can park in the deployment zone and hit pretty much anything.

Iron wolf 85
serviters x 2 ,saga of the iron wolf

Very cool fluff on these guys but they just don't strike me as very effective, especially for their points. I'd either stick him up on a thunderwolf with some cyberwolves and get stuck in, or swap him out for something else, like wolf scouts or a wolf priest.

Fast attack

swift claw bikers x 5 155
melta gun, melta bombs power fist

These guys are going to need some kind of leader, like a battle leader or a wolf priest on a bike, otherwise they are gonna get led around by the headstrong ability.

Troops

Grey hunters x10 150
flamer,melta gun
rino 35

Grey hunters x 10 155
melta gun, plasma gun
rino 35

blood claws x 15 250
flamer, melta gun , power fist

land raider crucader 260
multi melta

vindicator 115

long fangs x 6 140
missile x 5
razorback 75
twin link lascannon

The razorback on these guys might be a bit expensive. You really aren't going to use it to transport them, you're basically taking it for the lascannon, which you could probably dump those points elsewhere for better effect (like giving the iron wolf a thunderwolf or adding it to his points for a wolf scout squad)

Order_from_Chaos
10-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Lose the bloodclaws because they are horrible lol likewise lose your dreadnoughts as your pay 115 points for an av12 missile (av12 is easy to pop open even with missiles) and get a 5 man squad of longfangs with 4 rockets for the same price. Losing the dreads, tech priest, and vindi will free up points for a wolf guard termie sqaud that way you can take the LR as a dedicated trasport and you will have a much better hammer than you do now. decent setup with grey hunters although i love drop podding 2 meltas into enemy armor plus id give one a powerfist to pop dreads that charge. Plus your missing the best unit in the book.... wolf scouts they are 110 points of sheer win. lastly bikers are over pointed and usually preform sub optimally. plus i wouldnt take a saga on the rune priest id just stick him in the long fang squad. hopes this helps

cheers

trigger13
10-22-2010, 04:51 PM
HQ

Wolf Lord 196
frost blade,storm sheild,saga of the warrior

Rune priest 110
chooser of the slain,
living lightning,fury of the wolf spirits

wolf gaurd battle leader 115
bike,power fist

Elits

dreadnought 125
missile,plasma canon

Iron wolf 85
serviters x 2 ,saga of the iron wolf
razorback 75
twin link lascannon

Fast attack

swift claw bikers x 5 155
melta gun, melta bombs power fist

Troops

Grey hunters x10 150
flamer,melta gun
rino 35

Grey hunters x 10 155
melta gun, plasma gun
rino 35

blood claws x 15 250
flamer, melta gun , power fist

land raider crucader 260
multi melta

vindicator 115

long fangs x 6 140
missile x 5

the wolf lord rides with the blood claws in the raider and the wgb gose with the swcb while the wolf priest sticks back with the long fangs hitting targest with living lightning the vindi is great for the nid warriers and orc nobs on bikes dam their feel no pain the iron wolfs is purely a support rolefor my tanks to last that littlew bite longer