PDA

View Full Version : 2k Dark Eldar test list

Blackyujiro
10-23-2010, 02:01 PM
So, I'm gonna test this list out soon. Its a bit different from what I've seen people posting, but it seems really fun to me.

Baron Sathonyx

Archon: Shadow Field, Drug Dispenser, Agonizer, Phantasm Gren Launcher

4x Incubi
Venom: Splinter Cannon

4x Trueborn: 4x Blasters

3x Trueborn: 2x Dark Lances

15x Hellions: Helliarch w/PGL, Stunclaw

15x Hellions: Helliarch w/PGL, Agonizer

6x Reavers: 2 Cluster Caltrops

5x Reavers: Blaster

Ravager: Night Shields, Flicker Field

1994 total

This will be the basis of my final list. I'll try to get a few games with it and adjust according, if I lose too badly. At the very least I think it'll annoy my opponents a bit. Thoughts?

Mal
10-23-2010, 03:47 PM
A single blaster on the reavers? odds are a single s8 lance shot will not do anything to armour 12 or higher.

hellions and reavers are both throw away units, they simply don't have the survivability ot combat potential to be the main combat units (unless your going to be running squads together against a single target to overwhelm them), and that only leaves the archon and incubi (I assume they are going together in the venom) as your main combat killy unit...

What im trying to say, is dicsounting the hellions and reavers (as they are disposable), you have a shooty army... yet only a single ravager as support?

Im sure the list will be a lot of fun to play with the duke and hellions causing merry hell, but I wouldn't peg it for being all that competative, espically with such a low body count at 2k points.

Blackyujiro
10-23-2010, 05:19 PM
that's the whole basis of this army. fast and shooty. i wouldn't run any unit in the DE codex into combat alone, so the Hellions are fine for me. they are S4 Wyche when charging. So once I whittle down my enemies number a bit with shooting, then I'll think about charging. heavy support is an issue for me atm. But i'll start off with this list and chage as needed. thanks for the input also, Mal.

Edit:
In an effort to get a little more fire support, I've changed up the list a lil.

Baron Sathonyx

Archon: Shadow Field, Drug Dispenser, Agonizer, Phantasm Gren Launcher

4x Incubi

4x Trueborn: 4x Blasters

15x Hellions: Helliarch w/PGL, Agonizer

6x Reavers: 2 Cluster Caltrops

5x Scourges: 2 Haywire Blasters

This makes the total 1949, now I gotta figure out where to spend 51 points. I figures the Scourges keep with my theme a bit(even though in the fluff, Hellions, Reavers and Scourges don't really get along) and provide another armor busting option.

DaveLL
10-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Based on theoryhammer, of course. However:

Your main anti-infantry, the hellions, has short-ranged weapons and not much survivability (with the exception of the Baron's squad). I'd be surprised if they lasted long enough to take out a 'nid army with lots of gants, or an IG army that's not completely mech-focused, or an ork force of most varieties.

To my mind, hellions can:
Have the Baron for extra protection, and be in cover, giving them some small amount of staying power. This turns them into, say, Eldar rangers with a different gun, more mobility, and a higher points cost.
Have a haemonculus give them a pain token, giving them some small amount of staying power (combined with the above, making a pretty resilient unit).
Be a short-lived harassment unit that won't directly make up its points cost in kills, but may be valuable in drawing attention away from the real threat in your army or tying up heavy weapon infantry in CC for a while. (Possibly, with a stunclaw, getting an IC out of a unit, but in a way that is luck- and situation-dependent and kills the hellions if it goes wrong.)

They're equipped to do the third, and one is equipped for the first, in this list. But if they're going to be harassment units, you're missing the units that are actually there to kill your opponent's general infantry models. You've also got relatively little in the way of vehicles, meaning that all of them will be big targets to your opponent's anti-tank.