PDA

View Full Version : 1500 list of Monstrosties.

gcsmith
10-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Hey guys, Now after reading the DE book again and you know having another random thought process. Ive thought of another random list.

So wanted to share this with you all.

Urien Rakarth

9 wracks as his guard. with 1x liquifier all mounted in raider with flickerfield and tormentor.

10 wracks with 2x liquidifier in raider with flickerfield and torment
10 wracks with 2x liquidifier in raider with flickerfield and torment

talos with twinlinked haywire launcher
talos with twinlinked haywire launcher

5 scourges with 2x blasters
5 scourges with 2x blasters

3 trueborn with 2 splinter cannons
3 trueborn with 2 splinter cannons
3 trueborn with 2 darklances

Haemoculus with hexrifle animius vitae and venom blade

1498 Exavtly

I think this is quite a balanced list, With troops able to keep objectives, especially ones in cover.
Plenty to take out enemy vehicles and infantry and some fun stuff.

So wat do u think?
Any changes I should take?

Mal
10-23-2010, 03:58 PM
I think the success of this list is going to be dependant on how your opponent treats target prioity...

If they shoot at the talos early, then your in with a shot.... If they concentrate on your foot units, then your in serious trouble.

Remember that wracks/haemocului don't have fleet, so without a transport or WWP, they are very slow to get to where they are going. Sure you can use Rakarths unit to nab an objective the other side of the board, but then you've got the trouble of keeping that unit alive... pretty much every gun in the game will ignore your armour, and there are plenty that will ignore FnP.

To be fair you have a decent body count for a 1.5k army, i'd just be concerned about how your going to keep them alive long enough to reduce your opponents combat effectiveness.

gcsmith
10-24-2010, 01:24 AM
Well all my wracks are in transports. And my haemoculus with hex rifle will really stay in say one of the splinter cannon trueborn units to help them take down multi wound creatures.

What I find strange about The DE list is how their elites provide options similar to other armies different slots. Like the Trueborn which can be like the old chaos chosen with 4 lance guns. Or like devies with 2 heavy weapons.

The transports may need more playing about. I mean they have 5++ atm but maybe reducing peoples range at them might be more needed than the haemonculus.

I get what you mean about opponents target prio. But I guess it also depends on my target prio. I mean I have plenty to take out small squads like devies quickly. Also plenty to take out many vehicles at once.

The main choice I have to make is, Disintegratiors on raiders?

I mean I have 2 darklances in trueborn, 2 haywire launchers. and 2 squads able to deep strike with blasters.

Either way I know one cocky Blood angels player with no way to beat this, I mean his lists are either drop pod dependent with dreads.
OR stupidly small with pure termi sang spam with dante so sang guard are troops.

Obviously Im new to dark eldar so need to learn to play. But seeing how most of our choices have low armour save, taking troops for 1 point more than basic warriors. or same points as wyches who come with fnp basic and items such as liquifiers. I just love the idea. Now to find some models for the basis of wracks.