PDA

View Full Version : Rounded Dark Eldar 1500pts

Mal
10-26-2010, 05:11 AM
I've been hammering out various lists and builds for the new dark eldar forces, and I have a lot of highly specalised lists that will be really good until people figure out which weakness that build suffers from...

Which is all well and good, but I also want a decent, well rounded list to add to my repitoire.

So here is what I have come up with...

Ravager (night shields, flickerfield)
Ravager (night shields, flickerfield)

14 Hellions
Helliarch

9 Wyches (shardnet & impaler x2)
Hekatrix (agoniser)
Raider (flickerfield, shock prow)

9 Wyches (shardnet & impaler x2)
Hekatrix (agoniser)

10 Kabalite warriors (splinter cannon)

10 Kabalite warriors (splinter cannon)

This all comes to 1300 points, and it has 4 troops, 2 heavy support and 1 fast attack... obviously I need a HQ, I wanted something cheap and chearful so I chose a haemoculus and figured since he doesn't have fleet, there is no point in throwing him in a unit that has, he'll only slow them down... so wracks it is...

I have 3 different options for this last unit, which do you think would work best?

Option1:
Haemoculus
9 Wracks
Raider

Option 2:
Haemoculus (power weapon)
9 Wracks (liquifier gun x2)
Acothyst (power weapon)

Option 3:
Haemoculus (liquifier gun, agoniser)
10 Wracks (liquifier gun x2)

I figure using this unit to hold either a home objective or mid field objective, the warriors or wyches can easily claim/contest the others later in the game.

Ohh and im going full DL on all vehicles, so my vehicles will fill my AT role and my infantry will fill my AI role.

I've used the haemo before, but only his pain counter provided any real use so im not expecting much from him... with this in mind im leaning towards option 3... after all how badly can he screw up a template weapon?

Also any suggestions and constructive critisms for the rest of the army are more than welcome.