PDA

View Full Version : DE - Kabalite (1,000 points)

Keldain
10-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Archon / HQ / 145 points
+ Huskblade, Combat Drugs, Soul-trap, Shadow Field.

5 Incubi / Elites / 150 points
+ Klaivex, Murderous Assault, Onslaught.

Raider / Transport / 85 points
+ Enhanced Aethersails, Night Shields, and Flickerfield.

10 Kabalite Warriors / Troops / 160 points
+ Blaster, Splinter Cannon, Sybarite, Blast Pistol, Agoniser.

Ravager / Heavy Support / 130 points

Total: 1,000 points

So I'm new to Dark Eldar and there were a bunch of shiny things to make my stuff better, but I took a rather conservative approach kitting out my units and vehicles (exception: the Archon, because he just needs it.) Anyways, information I can give you guys on my meta is this: Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Orks, Chaos, Imperial Guard, and another Dark Eldar are all present. I'm still not definite on this list, but I think it looks pretty solid.

C&C appreciated.

Mal
10-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Why have aethersails on the raiders if no shock prow? athersails can only be used when going flat out and you can't disembark/embark or shoot with the unit on them when going or planning to go flat out.

Also i'd probally stick to just the additional attack on a 6 for the incubi, drop the single target prefered enemy, its really not worth it.

with the points saved from the above i'd be very tempted to give the klaivex the demi-klaive, it just gives more options for combat (and is better then the regular klaive).

BuFFo
10-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Archon / HQ / 145 points
+ Huskblade, Combat Drugs, Soul-trap, Shadow Field.

Fine!

5 Incubi / Elites / 150 points
+ Klaivex, Murderous Assault, Onslaught.

Get rid of the two abilites and get a Demiklaive instead. The powers are pretty nice, but not really needed at 1000 points.

Get rid of the Sails and Night Shield. Keep the Raider cheap. This Raider does one thing; Turn 1 it goes 24". I am sure you can figure out the rest :) After it drops its load, the Raider, if it is still around, just flies around and Lances transports to death.

Kabalite Warriors are crap in close combat. Save points, and get rid of the Blast Pistol and Agoniser.

Just keep the Flickerfield.

Same as above.

Same as above.

Ravager / Heavy Support / 130 points

Dump the sails. With the ability to move 12" and fire all Dark Lances, the Ravager is probablt THE best unit in the entire codex. It should not be moving more than 12" unless it is trying to 'heal' a Shaken result for a turn.

After the modifications, you should have exactly enough points left over for a second Ravager with Shield and field.

A second Ravager is far more powerful than Blast Pistols :)

Keldain
10-28-2010, 04:02 PM
Thanks Mal and BuFFo, I appreciate your feedback, I know I'm going to have difficulties at first adapting to the Dark Eldar's playstyle, so that's why I'm trying to build as solid a list as possible to begin with.

RIGHT-Titan
10-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Fine!

Get rid of the two abilites and get a Demiklaive instead. The powers are pretty nice, but not really needed at 1000 points.

Get rid of the Sails and Night Shield. Keep the Raider cheap. This Raider does one thing; Turn 1 it goes 24". I am sure you can figure out the rest :) After it drops its load, the Raider, if it is still around, just flies around and Lances transports to death.

Kabalite Warriors are crap in close combat. Save points, and get rid of the Blast Pistol and Agoniser.

Just keep the Flickerfield.

Same as above.

Same as above.

Dump the sails. With the ability to move 12" and fire all Dark Lances, the Ravager is probablt THE best unit in the entire codex. It should not be moving more than 12" unless it is trying to 'heal' a Shaken result for a turn.

After the modifications, you should have exactly enough points left over for a second Ravager with Shield and field.

A second Ravager is far more powerful than Blast Pistols :)

Very good advice. I'd really like to see what kind of list you plan on playing at various point levels Buffo.

I'm so torn between more wracks and maybe doing a big ol' hellion gang with the Baron.

Mal
10-28-2010, 05:56 PM
I'd also advise dropping the sybarite, you really don't need him in there and it'll free up another 10 pts a pop.

Billyjoeray
10-31-2010, 01:04 AM
I'd also advise dropping the sybarite, you really don't need him in there and it'll free up another 10 pts a pop.

Hmm, what about for the increased leadership? He's only got 2 scoring units at 1000pts. If they lose their raider and get shot up enough, it would really suck to have them just run off the board.