PDA

View Full Version : 1750 IG armored fist list

superhappyrobot
10-27-2010, 10:54 AM
I tried a list like this before (which can be found here http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=8288), but the autocannons just didn't seem to have enough power to punch through AV12. I'm returning with an updated list, albeit at a larger point level, that has a little more powerful firepower. I'd like to bring the list up to 2000 points, but I'm not sure where to go. I'd like to stay away from vets just for the hell of it.

All the Chimeras have multilasers and hull heavy flamers

1750 pts:
CCS, 4x Plasma, Chimera

PCS, 4x Melta, Valkyrie w/ MRP

Infantry Squad, Flamer, Lascannon, Chimera

PCS, 4x Flamer, Chimera

Infantry Squad, Flamer, Vendetta

5x Stormtroopers w/ 2x meltaguns

LRBT, Hull Lascannon

LRBT, HHF

LRBT, HHF

You think that's enough lascannons?

EDIT: How about switching out the stormtroopers and hull lascannon for a hellhound?

Flammenwerfer13
10-27-2010, 08:14 PM
I tried a list like this before (which can be found here http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=8288), but the autocannons just didn't seem to have enough power to punch through AV12. I'm returning with an updated list, albeit at a larger point level, that has a little more powerful firepower. I'd like to bring the list up to 2000 points, but I'm not sure where to go. I'd like to stay away from vets just for the hell of it.

All the Chimeras have multilasers and hull heavy flamers

1750 pts:
CCS, 4x Plasma, Chimera

PCS, 4x Melta, Valkyrie w/ MRP

PCS, 4x Flamer, Chimera

Infantry Squad, Flamer, Vendetta

5x Stormtroopers w/ 2x meltaguns

LRBT, Hull Lascannon

LRBT, HHF

LRBT, HHF

You think that's enough lascannons?

EDIT: How about switching out the stormtroopers and hull lascannon for a hellhound?

Try this build, it gives you 9! Twin-Linked Lascannons

HQ
CCS, 4x Plasma, Carapace Armour Chimera 185

Troops/Fast Attack
Veteran Squad 3x Plasma Guns, Lascannon, Carapace Armour, Chimera 190

PCS, 3x Flamers, 1x HF Chimera 120
Infantry Squad, Flamer, Vendetta 185

HS
LRBT, HHF 150
LRBT, HHF 150
LRBT, HHF 150

Use the Vendetta's to pop transports and then drop the LRBT on them with pie plates or have the CCS/Vets unless mass fire power on them. Use the PSC as a counter attack with 4 flame templates. The carapace armour is increase the chances of surviving a over heat.

You can drop the carapace armour (on vets and ccs) and one plasma gun to a melta gun in the vet squads and HF in the PCS (105 points) and you can either add a commissar (total of 3) to each infantry squad (Ld9 Stubborn) or Storm Trooper squad with 2x Melta guns.

There is some room to play to be honest this is the best list with out upping the ante and putting in Psyker Battle Squads.

superhappyrobot
10-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Your list looks good, but I don't have 3 Vendettas, only one Vendetta and a single Valkyrie.

Flammenwerfer13
10-27-2010, 09:15 PM
how are you looking on guardsmen models and chimeras? How about other Heavy support and fast attack vehicles?
How about 1 squad of Pskyer Battle Squad (a must if you can fit them in)

Try this list instead:
Valkyries with MRP's aren't bad so try to get them close to anythingthat you pop with the vendetta. You can move 12 inches and still fire everything is really nice. Also with the PCS put a heavy flamer on the turret, 4x Flamers and 1x Heavy Flamers is nasty. Also you want to angle the AV12 so that why you put the HF on the turret instead of the Hull.

HQ
CCS, 4x Plasma, Carapace Armour, (Chimera w/ hull mounted heavy flamer) 185

Troops/Fast Attack

PCS, 4x Flamers, (Chimera w/ turret mounted HF) 120
Infantry Squad w/ flamer Commissar, Valkyrie w/ MRP
Infantry Squad w/ flamer Commissar, Vendetta

HS
LRBT, HHF 150
LRBT, HHF 150
LRBT, HHF 150
-------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have a Full Psyker Battle Squad, try this list:

how are you looking on guardsmen models and chimeras? How about other Heavy support and fast attack vehicles?
How about 1 squad of Pskyer Battle Squad (a must if you can fit them in)

Try this list instead:
valkryies with MRP's aren't bad so try to get them close to anythingthat you pop with the vendetta. You can move 12 inches and still fry everything is really nice. Also with the PCS put a heavy flamer on the turret, 4x Flamers and 1x Heavy Flamers is nasty. Also you want to angle the AV12 so that why you put the HF on the turret instead of the Hull.

HQ
CCS, Company Commander w/ Plasma Pistol, 4x Plasma, Carapace Armour, (Chimera w/ hull mounted heavy flamer) 195

Elite:
Primaris Psyker 70
Pskyer Battle Squad (9 + Overseer) Chimera w/ hull mounted heavy flamer) 165

Troops/Fast Attack

PCS, 3x Flamers, 1x Heavy flamer (Chimera w/ turret mounted HF) 135
Infantry Squad w/ flamer, Valkyrie w/ MRP 185
Infantry Squad w/ flamer, Vendetta 185

HS
LRBT, HHF 150
LRBT, HHF 150
LRBT, HHF 150

Flammenwerfer13
10-27-2010, 09:21 PM
also if you want I can throw in melta guns, just depends on what your facing, ect. Mass Plasma fire is still rough at times.

ElCheezus
11-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Honestly, I'd question how well the Infantry Squads are treating you. I usually don't consider them efficient enough to warrant Chimeras on their own. Here's my thoughts:

I'd suggest having the Vendetta/Valks being one or the other, not one of each. That way you have redundancy. If you want to rush in and drop off Melta's, go with Valks. If you want to hang back and deliver long range LasCannons of death (my favourite), go with the Vendettas. With Valks, I'd put either a PCS or a CCS in there (preferably CCS, so they can order themselves around), and they have enough Melta to almost guarantee a pen.

Since you've got a Infantry Platoon, and have plenty of Chimeras, you could use a Special Weapons Squad with Flamer, Plasma or Melta. They don't get to start the game in the Chimera, but they can deploy right behind it and get in turn 1, so it's close to the same.

With multiple Infantry Squads, especially if you put heavy weapons in them, I'd suggest using Combined Squad to blob them up. This gives them more resilience, and you only need one order to make all the HWs twin-linked or whatnot. Of course, with a blob I'd also put in a Commissar, and they're nigh impossible to get off of an objective. If you want, you can even add power weapons to make them a force that won't be taken lightly in assault. This takes them out of Chimeras, but I think blobbing is the true strength of the Platoon these days.

To directly oppose some things that Flammen said, don't put heavy weapons or doctrines on your Vets. Veterans and their special weapons should be charging in to wreak havok on the opponent, and HWs either hold them back or don't get used. Doctrines are too expensive. If your Vets are in a Chimera, that should be enough. Once the Chimera's dead, they're going to be under so much fire that 4+ won't help. Along the same line, Carapace isn't a good investment for a shooty CCS, even to save you from overheats. It costs the equivalent of two plasma guns that you could give to a SWS and all you're gaining is an extra 1/6 chance to survive the 1/6 that you actually roll "gets hot". I only end up losing maybe one or two guys a game to plasma overheat, and that's after they've already unloaded on a group, fulfilling their role.

Here's what I'm imagining for you, but I don't have any points values (I'm at work, so whipping out a 'Dex would be a bit obvious).

CCS

Two Platoons that look like this:
PCS: 4x Melta
PIS: LasCannon, Commissar w/ PW, Sergeant w/ PW
PIS: LasCannon, Sergeant w/ PW
SWS: Plasma x3
Buy a Chimera in here for each SWS (if you get more than one)

Valkyrie x2 (to hold the PCS)

Hellhound

However many Vanilla LRs

I left some things open, so you have room to play. You'll need another Troops choice, first off. If you want to blob up and make a gunline for your backfield, you'll probably want to outfit your CCS either to have long range (like another LasCannon) or to buff the blob squads for incoming charges with Strakken. You could also give them plasmas and a Chimera have them help defend the backfield from deepstrikers while issuing orders. This list lets you be aggressive with your PCS and SWS to open armor and take out heavy targets, while you have a slower and harder to kill blob holding the backfield objectives and/or advancing, all the while your LRBTs thundering away with large plates of DOOM. OF DOOM I SAY!