PDA

View Full Version : Double Special Character All Commers 1500

charliemachina
10-27-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm really trying to find a 1500 point all commers list i'm comfortable with!!!

3 Vindicators
3 Razorbacks with Assualt Cannons
3 5 Man Tac Squads
Tigerius
Shrike
1 Assault Squad + Thunderhammer

1500pts

Tigerius is my super Psyker and hood protection as well as making the reserves roll really go in my favour.
Vindictators cause fear and blow huge holes in the opponents army.
3 5 man tact squads are a significant weakness, they don't have much punch, die easily but they are cheap scouring and can survive ok when left in the razorbacks.
The Razorbacks can hurt anything potentially.
Range is an issue but with the vindicators people usually come to me or I can smoke launcher forward.
Shrike and the 10 man assualt squad are there to hit the flanks and play commando.
I find if i am not careful Shrike and his guys can get isolated.
I worry about Genestealers, Trygons essentially any close combat tank killers.

I would really like this list to have 3 powers firsts in with the tac squads (giving me more counter assualt) and seige shields on the vindicators and flamers with the assualt squad some of this is do-able if I drop the assualt cannons for heavy bolters but.....I soooo soooo love the assualt cannons.

Thoughts???

Cheers

Charlie

Bean
10-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Drop Tigerius for a cheaper librarian and you'll have all the extra points you need. Sure, three powers a turn is nice, but a basic librarian does the important stuff for less than half the price. I'm pretty sure you can even trade Tigurius for a libby, add three powerfists, three seige shields, and still have enough to buy the Epistolary upgrade for your libby--and two powers a turn is really more than good enough.

That said, powerfists on those five-man tactical squads is not a good idea. squads that small are terrible in combat, and increasing their price by nearly a third to make them better at something you really don't want them to have to do is probably not a good idea. Dropping Tigerius for a libby probably gets you enough points for a whole extra five man squad in razorback, or a couple of multi-melta speeders, both of which would be a much better investment.

Tynskel
10-27-2010, 02:33 PM
hmmm...

Powerfists in 5 man squads work fine for me. I have never had a problem, although, I usually have squad weapons too, maybe a combi. It is dependent on what you are using them for.

I do think you'd be better off with a cheap-o libby or a captain. Or none at all, and spend the points to take full tactical squads with weapons.

Mal
10-27-2010, 03:33 PM
My biggest beef with this list is just how small it is mini-wise... as soon as you loose those vindis your in a lot of trouble..
Sure 3 razors are nice, but they don't actually have a high kill potential, they are supposed to be a support transport rather than a primary support vehicle.

I agree with everyone else here to drop tiggy, hes just too expensive for what you get. Also don't give too much wargear to the 5 man tac squads, you don't really want them popping out of their transports if you can help it, it doesn't take much to kill 5 marines.

I'd recommend taking some additional units in place of tiggy, just what to take... well that depends a lot on how you want to play the army and what sort of amries your likely to face.

charliemachina
10-28-2010, 06:45 AM
I can't help but notice if I swap out Tigerius and Shrike for a Jump power fist chaplain and a epistolary I save 145 points.

What powers to give the Epistolary??? There is a question!

I love the Alpha strike from Shrike and Tigerius's shere flexibility but I think that perhaps they are too much for just a 1500pt list.

The Chaplain will magnify the puch of the assualt squad!

The Assualt Razors can rack up an impressive tally even against power armoured troops as frequently they get the turns to shoot due to the Vindicators being a priority target over them.

I like the idea of having power fists of the tactical squads as without this they have negligible killing power and I would use them to put the final wounds on a monsterous creature or join a combat in support of the assualt squad.

I would like to add flamers to the assualt aquad to give the list more anti horde but also allow it to take down Genestealers and the like rather than getting butchered by them.