PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye and good-ridence!

Commisar Chris
10-27-2010, 05:28 PM
After only a few posts I have realized this forum is underneath a bridge. A place for trolls... every post i've had has been met with mean trollish responces. A tip to all who want to stay alive in this forum:
If a thread asks for your opinion lie. If u say what u think prepare to be boo-ed off the thread.
If u want to ask a question, DONT! Someone will give u a smart @$$ answer and everyone will applaud him for it.
Lastly watch for these 2 who drove me to this: eldargal, and old_palidin.

Commisar Chris
10-27-2010, 05:37 PM
(ran outta space on my phone) Furthermore: I would like to thank these white knights for making life on here almost bearable:
Melisa, and Bushido Red Panda. Im leaving but I stand ready to defend u at a moments notice. May ur fight against these trolls be victorious. I salute u for staying here cuz I obviously can not. Well thats all i have left. Goodbye and good ridence!

scadugenga
10-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Eldargal, really??

Oooookay, dude.

Happy trails.

BuFFo
10-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Wait.... Eldargal gave you problems while Melissa was your white knight?

What kind of crack are you smoking, and can I have some?

scadugenga
10-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Apparently she was amongst those who called him to the carpet about trying to find an pirated copy of the new DE 'dex.

I guess having morals is the new 'hater' requirement? ;)

BuFFo
10-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Apparently she was amongst those who called him to the carpet about trying to find an pirated copy of the new DE 'dex.

Oh yeah, I see....

@Chris

No one here is against you, trust me. How about we let bygones be bygones and start over?

Commisar Chris
10-27-2010, 08:48 PM

omg!haha!
wow u kno why i asked for that? because i saw so many posts of people havin the new dex i just wanted 2 kno where 2 go. its like walkin into a crack house and askin 4 some then bein called immoral 4 it. its almost poetic really. rofl.

DarkLink
10-27-2010, 08:50 PM

Yeah, that "smart-@$$" response he mentioned was someone posting a link to GW's store page for the DE codex, when he asked for an illegal download. He wasn't too happy about that, even though I'm pretty sure that in the forum rules it's pretty clearly stated that posting links to illegal stuff is, well, illegal.

I'll also point out that morality doesn't even come into this. If GW finds out that BoLS has started allowing the distribution of their product illegally, they can go to court. Thus, no linkage allowed.

DarkLink
10-27-2010, 08:53 PM
omg!haha!
wow u kno why i asked for that? because i saw so many posts of people havin the new dex i just wanted 2 kno where 2 go. its like walkin into a crack house and askin 4 some then bein called immoral 4 it. its almost poetic really. rofl.

Oh, and I hope that you know that some places have preview copies already. Meaning that all those people haven't illegally downloaded them.

Oh, and leet speek doesn't really help your case:p

BuFFo
10-27-2010, 09:23 PM
omg!haha!

You seem to not know this, but Games-Workshop sends out preview copies of the Codex weeks in advance to their GW stores, and even certain independent retailers who have it in their contract to receive such 'gifts' in advance.

That is all. Yes, there are copies of the dex floating around the intertubes, but the majority of the time, at least here on BoLs, people are reading the rules out of real Dark Eldar codices found in their local gaming store.

So actually, you are a crackhead looking for an illegal drug, only to find placebos everywhere, and then insulting everyone who told you crack is cheap, crack is wack. :D

eldargal
10-27-2010, 10:47 PM
This is the total sum of my interaction with Commissar Chris:

You asked for an illegally pirated copy of a codex just recently released and which many people hope sells well to encourage GW to keep up the good work. Its not trolling to tell you to buy a copy

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showpost.php?p=103479&postcount=9

As you can see my evil knows no bounds:rolleyes:

BuFFo
10-28-2010, 01:53 AM
TAs you can see my evil knows no bounds:rolleyes:

Burn the Witch!

Aldramelech
10-28-2010, 02:23 AM
So you think that two of the forums most reasonable and respectable members are Trolls and the Forums biggest (and self confessed) Troll is your kinda gal?

Off you go then, dont let the door hit your *** on the way out...........

Kieranator K82
10-28-2010, 05:22 AM
*Riddance

scadugenga
10-28-2010, 06:15 AM
omg!haha!

You created a thread, and bumped it, wanting to find an illegal copy of the 'dex when you could just walk into a GW store and peruse their preview copy.

Poetry...has nothing to do with what you just wrote. Remedial grammar class, maybe. You may have been trying to mean ironic perhaps?

I won't go into the whole "legal" options on how to find the codex because it's already been well represented on this thread. Go. Seek. Find.

*gasp* Am I now as evil as eldargal???

Oh, and leet speek doesn't really help your case
That's text-speak. l337 is entirely different and so 2001. :P

As you can see my evil knows no bounds

It's the new codex coming out, isn't it. It's making you all...evil Willow-like.

Aldramelech
10-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Mmmmm Evil Williow, "Bored Now"

eldargal
10-28-2010, 08:04 AM
An amusing aside, my real name is Drusilla. I'm not an insane brunette though and I may or may not kill you and drink your blood as soon as look at you.:rolleyes: I do actually say 'Bored now' quite a lot, trying to cutback since I discovered Buffy. I avoided it for years and years because whenever someone heard my name they were all "Omg, like in Buffy, right?". Its only been a family name for oh, eight hundred years now, grumble grumble.

scadugenga
10-28-2010, 08:39 AM
An amusing aside, my real name is Drusilla. I'm not an insane brunette though and I may or may not kill you and drink your blood as soon as look at you.:rolleyes: I do actually say 'Bored now' quite a lot, trying to cutback since I discovered Buffy. I avoided it for years and years because whenever someone heard my name they were all "Omg, like in Buffy, right?". Its only been a family name for oh, eight hundred years now, grumble grumble.

I can see why you'd want to ignore the series for a bit then.

I felt the same way when idiots tossed "Fezzik" at me. Ironic as invariably the people using it were less intelligent, witty and educated.... Grr. Bones. Bread. Grinding...

Ætheldred is actually an old old family name. Funny, my wife had zero tolerance for suggesting that for our son's middle name. (She was looking rather pointedly at the cutlery when I joked about that being a given name...)

Drew da Destroya
10-28-2010, 10:48 AM
It's too bad this kid doesn't have access to Google. I mean, this whole problem could've been avoided entirely if he only had access to a search engine! Sad, really.

And Melissia totally needs to call on him when she's in the middle of an argument. He's clearly indebted to her, and there's nothing like the rage of an 11 year old to win an argument!

Denzark
10-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Hahaha. If the Commissar doesn't self sanction, can I help him with the Hari-Kiri by doing the bit with the katana?

Eldargal = witch, Melissia = angel? haha.

Commisar Chris
10-28-2010, 07:40 PM
*sigh* As much as i dont want to but I believe my exit should be one that doesnt leave a sour taste in everyone's mouths. This will be lengthy and since im only able to do this on my phone forgive me if i use text talk. I asked the original question because I honestly thought everyone else here had the dex online. And when I got that first responce I didnt understand then when everyone cheered him on I instinctivly was offended. People said "nice one" and "check mate" making me out to be some bad guy.

Commisar Chris
10-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Which in hind sight I guess i am. I called eldargal a troll because she called me on my morals when she does not kno who I am. In not wanting to go to far back i can only say my stay here was not a plesant one. I sicerely apologize for the trouble i've caused. And staying to my word i leave u now for greener pastures. Fairwell.

scadugenga
10-28-2010, 08:55 PM
*sigh* As much as i dont want to but I believe my exit should be one that doesnt leave a sour taste in everyone's mouths. This will be lengthy and since im only able to do this on my phone forgive me if i use text talk. I asked the original question because I honestly thought everyone else here had the dex online. And when I got that first responce I didnt understand then when everyone cheered him on I instinctivly was offended. People said "nice one" and "check mate" making me out to be some bad guy.

Okay Chris, a couple things:

1) I think what nailed the coffin for you on your request was bumping your own thread with the illegal request. Maybe it's age, inexperience, or not being used to the netiquette of the forums, but you really did shoot yourself in the foot there.*

2) If you think you were getting picked on--you were getting it pretty lightly. You need to grow a bit thicker skin. It's an online forum. You will get blasted now and then. You will do some of your own. You'll get into it with people and you know what? It's no big deal. It happens regularly, and you move on. Hell, you want a good example, cruise through the (thankfully) deceased threads on painted vs. nonpainted minis, proxying, and a couple other hot topics that had people near tearing each other a new one on a regular basis.

3) Or hell, see what Bigred and the BoLS crew put up every-****ing-day from the masses of overfed asshats giving nothing but hate to them on nigh on every article. That's a perfect example of how to keep on truckin'.

4) If you're involved in the hobby, then you probably have something positive to contribute. Here's as good a place as any. Ultimately it's your choice to leave or go.

Oh, and for the record? Eldargal, despite getting her Willow-like mojo going on with the new DE 'dex coming out, is one of the nicer, and almost unilaterally even-keeled people on here.

*this is just a few posits, knowing nothing about you, your age, experience, et al.

BuFFo
10-28-2010, 10:08 PM
After only a few posts I have realized this forum is underneath a bridge. A place for trolls... every post i've had has been met with mean trollish responces. A tip to all who want to stay alive in this forum:
If a thread asks for your opinion lie. If u say what u think prepare to be boo-ed off the thread.
If u want to ask a question, DONT! Someone will give u a smart @$$ answer and everyone will applaud him for it.
Lastly watch for these 2 who drove me to this: eldargal, and old_palidin.

Question...

How come on this Imperial Guard forum you sound like an intelligent adult? For instance...

http://commissar.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=begin&action=display&thread=11760&page=1

But here, you are typing half *** messages filled with typos from your cell phone, insulting everyone around you?

Are you taking some sort of drugs before coming here? Or you just mad that you couldn't find an illegal copy of a rule book here?

eldargal
10-29-2010, 02:33 AM
I didn't actually make any kind of moral judgement in my post, I just said that what Old Paladin said was not trolling.

Which in hind sight I guess i am. I called eldargal a troll because she called me on my morals when she does not kno who I am. In not wanting to go to far back i can only say my stay here was not a plesant one. I sicerely apologize for the trouble i've caused. And staying to my word i leave u now for greener pastures. Fairwell.

Aldramelech
10-29-2010, 03:49 AM
I didn't actually make any kind of moral judgement in my post, I just said that what Old Paladin said was not trolling.

Whilst Laughing in a Bond villianesq way and stroking a white cat

Denzark
10-29-2010, 09:55 AM
I'm not sure if pusssy stroking is fair game, even in the oubliette...

BuFFo
10-29-2010, 10:10 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

It is rare I get an actual laugh out loud moment from the internet, but you sir, have done it, bravo!

eldargal
10-29-2010, 10:15 AM
It depends how open minded Bigred is and how much wine I drink with dinner.

scadugenga
10-29-2010, 11:31 AM

Oh, very well played...

Just the right amount of vixxen and evil combined...

Aldramelech
10-29-2010, 11:31 AM

Dont tease me.........;)

scadugenga
10-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Dont tease me.........;)

Your lack of sincerity there is nigh on overwhelming. :)

"oh, don't throw me in that briar patch..."

Bigred
10-29-2010, 03:06 PM
You're all naughty people, very naughty indeed.

Carry on.

Denzark
10-29-2010, 03:14 PM
The Emperor requires the sacrifice of 1000 psykers a day to keep the Astronomican going - this is an acceptable loss rate.

We have lost Commissar Chris to a public hissy fit in order for Eldargal to tantalise us with thoughts of worryingly Slaanesh like self loving induced only by the grape - this is an acceptable loss rate.

Commisar Chris
10-29-2010, 05:12 PM
And if I were to return just to spite you for the hissy fit comment? :p

Drew da Destroya
10-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Well, if you can handle the hazing, you'll be a perfectly welcome addition to the forum.

Just don't ask for anything else illegal!

Denzark
10-30-2010, 04:10 AM

No dramas, she's out and said it now!

BuFFo
10-30-2010, 10:09 AM

You never left. Stop being an attention whore, drama queen.

Now pull your pants down and get back to making substantial threads!

Duke
10-31-2010, 08:51 PM
You never left. Stop being an attention whore, drama queen.

Now pull your pants down and get back to making substantial threads!

Just a note, we don't consider "pulling pants down," to be a pre-requisite to making a good (substantial) thread. In fact, during most cases it is preferable to have said pants pulled to the "up position."

That is all.

Duke

Herald of Nurgle
11-01-2010, 12:28 AM
Just a note, we don't consider "pulling pants down," to be a pre-requisite to making a good (substantial) thread. In fact, during most cases it is preferable to have said pants pulled to the "up position."

That is all.

Duke
Ze Duke haz spoked?

If he wanted an illegal copy of the codex, he could have simply searched Blood of Kittens. Pretty sure they still have their copy of it up.

Aldramelech
11-01-2010, 02:28 AM
Or Baby Seal head smashers fan club site, I hear they have an extensive collection.........

Brass Scorpion
11-01-2010, 11:01 AM
I have no comment about the names mentioned in the original post, but I do have some thoughts on the general statement about forum behavior.

Sadly, I have yet to see a Warhammer forum that wasn't overrun with the kind of obnoxious behavior you describe. The Hobby areas are usually safe, but for some reason the Rumors and Rules discussion areas are terrible. The Rumors and News areas are nearly always trolled by people who see it as a game of "one-upsmanship" and rather than an open place to discuss rumors it becomes a place to get berated by people who think their information is sooner and better than everyone else's. The Rules Discussion areas for obvious reasons always end up with some pretty ugly arguments. These problems are not unique to this forum, but every forum I have ever looked at or joined. The Internet is a place where people can be rude to others with little or no consequence and sadly a lot of jerks and people with no social skills or sense of decency take advantage of it.

Okay, I've changed my mind, I do have a comment about the names mentioned in the original post, at least the one with which I am somewhat familiar. Eldargal a troll, really? There are definitely some problem people here on the forum. Some are so bad they've likely been banned already from other forums, but that's not a name I would have put on the list.

Oh, and "riddance" and "response" are misspelled in the original post. There's a spell checker on here that works automatically as you type, so I'm amazed at how many spelling errors I see all the time.

addamsfamily36
11-01-2010, 07:16 PM
The Rules Discussion areas for obvious reasons always end up with some pretty ugly arguments. These problems are not unique to this forum, but every forum I have ever looked at or joined. The Internet is a place where people can be rude to others with little or no consequence and sadly a lot of jerks and people with no social skills or sense of decency take advantage of it.

I wouldn't say that people intentionally go out to be rude and take advantage of being able to slag someone off without consequence.

The rules debates do get heated, i know i've been in a fair few. I just view any rudeness as banter. Me and my friends insult each other all the time, but its done in good humour.

When you feel strongly about one side of an argument, sometimes, no matter how intelligent , polite or restrained you normally are, there comes a time where fighting back dissolves into playground arguments. Usually when there is no clear winner, or when someone is being far too narrow minded or blind to the obvious answer that 99 out of 100 see but they don't.

But i think its all part of the fun. If everyone was well spoken and civil, it would be like having afternoon tea and crumpets with the grandparents!
:D

eldargal
11-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Thanks Mr Scorpion.:)

Also, if you want to see why he called me a troll:
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showpost.php?p=103479&postcount=9

Okay, I've changed my mind, I do have a comment about the names mentioned in the original post, at least the one with which I am somewhat familiar. Eldargal a troll, really? There are definitely some problem people here on the forum. Some are so bad they've likely been banned already from other forums, but that's not a name I would have put on the list.

Oh, and "riddance" and "response" are misspelled in the original post. There's a spell checker on here that works automatically as you type, so I'm amazed at how many spelling errors I see all the time.

Denzark
11-06-2010, 05:43 PM
This entire thread was very funny; I think it deserves a wee bump for those who missed it the first time.

Also, in honour of her good self of whom I am a dedicated follower, and as I feel I have quite clelarly reached an adequate stage in the Path of the Poet to publicly declaim my support for her, the banshee Autarch who stalks my dreams, dedicate this Haiku to she who was so wronged in this thread:

Deadly, Intelli-
Gent. And Gentle, Craftworld femme;
She also has boobs.

Kind regards,
Denzark Silken-harp, pointy eared poet to the stars.

eldargal
11-07-2010, 12:12 AM
That is very sweet of you Denzark.;)

Aldramelech
11-07-2010, 04:24 AM
Bucket.......

eldargal
11-07-2010, 04:37 AM
Its pronounced 'Bouquet'

:rolleyes:

Bucket.......

Duke
11-07-2010, 08:57 AM
::in best stereotypical highschool-valley-girl voice::

OMG like tottally stop trolling eldargal! Plus a bouquet was so last year! Pshaw!

Denzark
11-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Bucket.......

Ha! Just jealous I got to talk about about a lady's decolletage in public, AND got complimented on it by said lady (AND she posted at 0600-ish - Ha! That is evidence of ladies thinking about me in the middle of the night...)

scadugenga
11-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Its pronounced 'Bouquet'

:rolleyes:

Only to the French...

scadugenga
11-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Ha! Just jealous I got to talk about about a lady's decolletage in public, AND got complimented on it by said lady (AND she posted at 0600-ish - Ha! That is evidence of ladies thinking about me in the middle of the night...)

I think you'll have to step outside the bounds of pseudo-haiku and into full blown iambic pentameter if you want true middle-of-the-night thoughts...

Drew da Destroya
11-07-2010, 07:23 PM
I think you'll have to step outside the bounds of pseudo-haiku and into full blown iambic pentameter if you want true middle-of-the-night thoughts...

Seriously. Shakespeare never got any ladies by writing haikus... he had to break into Sonnets.

BuFFo
11-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Seriously. Shakespeare never got any ladies by writing haikus... he had to break into Sonnets.

No, he paid for sex like any other self respecting man would. :rolleyes:

eldargal
11-08-2010, 03:33 AM
Can't blame a girl for being impressed, its been at least two months since anyone wrote a poem about my devils dumplings.:rolleyes:

MarneusCalgar
11-08-2010, 05:14 AM
I don´t understand, neither like, the people that wants to have all free in the codex, and all by the illegal way

Goodbye, never come back

Drew da Destroya
11-08-2010, 08:17 AM
No, he paid for sex like any other self respecting man would. :rolleyes:

Oh, the joys of Elizabethan England. Prose before Hos.

Aldramelech
11-08-2010, 09:13 AM
William Who?

You need to go to the original and best for this kind of stuff, Thomas Campion.

Just for the Autarch of love......

Followe thy faire sunne, vnhappy shadowe,
Though thou be blacke as night,
And she made all of light,
Yet follow thy faire sun, vnhappie shadowe.
Follow her whose light thy light depriueth,
Though here thou liu'st disgrac't,
And she in heauen is plac't,
Yet follow her whose light the world reuiueth.

Follow those pure beames whose beautie burneth,
That so haue scorched thee,
As thou still blacke must bee,
Til her kind beames thy black to brightnes turneth.

Follow her while yet her glorie shineth :
There comes a luckles night,
That will dim all her light ;
And this the black vnhappie shade deuineth.

Follow still since so thy fates ordained ;
The Sunne must haue his shade,
Till both at once doe fade,
The Sun still proud, the shadow still disdained.

Now this may be the Oubliette but I would say we are now waaaaay off topic now :)

BuFFo
11-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Oh, the joys of Elizabethan England. Prose before Hos.

HA!

You gave me my once a week legitimate LOL moment...

Congrats!

eldargal
11-08-2010, 10:24 PM
I prefer John Donne myself:

License my roving hands, and let them go,
Behind, before, above, between, below.
O my America! my new-found-land,...
To teach thee I am naked first; why than
What needst thou have more covering then a man
Such a fantastic poet to learn at an all girls school.:rolleyes:

scadugenga
11-08-2010, 11:14 PM
I prefer John Donne myself:

Such a fantastic poet to learn at an all girls school.:rolleyes:

Donne...Donne is good.

Yeats is better. ;)

Wine comes in at the mouth,
And love comes in at the eye;
That's all we shall know for truth
Before we grow old and die.
I lift my glass to my mouth,
I look at you, and I sigh.

And then, a bit raunchy, but over 2k years old--Petronius:

Sex is but brief, degrading fun,
And quickly palls when it is done.
So let’s not, like livestock filled with carnal greed,
Rush blind and headlong at the deed;
Such love goes stale, the flame is burned.
But thus, with business evermore adjourned,
Let’s lie together and just kiss.
There’s no toil, no cause for shame in this.
It pleased, it pleases, it long will please;
It ever starts and knows no cease.

Or perhaps best yet--Hughes:

No, the serpent did not
Seduce Eve to the apple.
All that's simply
Corruption of the facts.

Adam ate the apple.
Eve at Adam.
The serpent ate Eve.
This is the dark intestine.

The serpent, meanwhile,
Sleeps his meal off in Paradise-
Smiling to hear
God's querulous calling.

Wow, to think a bunch of that actually stuck around in my head... ;)

Asymmetrical Xeno
11-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Awesome thread. It was really entertaining to read while I was sculpting Barghesi and delicately sipping my cup of tea while Helga my tarantula snoozed peacefully on my lap unaware of the drama I was reading with my eyes infront of me.

Was shocked to see Eldargirl get called a troll though, her trolling is about as likely as Enslavers getting an official codex and model-range. :eek:

eldargal
11-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Yeats and Hughes are good, though I still think Donne is better, but that could be influenced by memories of giggling over it with school friends.
The* ancients are excellent, particularly Petronius, assuming he did actually write the Satyricon.:p Sappho is excellent (though maybe not so much if you are a boy?), I'm hoping they find more of her works intact in one of the Herculaneum libraries.

*It took me five attempts to write 'the', yay sleep deprivation.

Donne...Donne is good.

Yeats is better. ;)

And then, a bit raunchy, but over 2k years old--Petronius:

Or perhaps best yet--Hughes:

Wow, to think a bunch of that actually stuck around in my head... ;)

Aldramelech
11-09-2010, 03:23 AM
Or if you prefere:

Where's my Cow?
Is this my Cow?
It goes "Baaa"
It is not my Cow!

Are we not all, in some way, searching for our Cow?

eldargal
11-09-2010, 03:49 AM
Not the greatest piece of erotic poetry, but it gets the job done.:rolleyes:

Bugglit!

MarneusCalgar
11-09-2010, 08:56 AM
Eldargal, in Spain centuries ago, one poet called Gongora wrote a special poem that you should use whenever someone calls you a troll, first I´ll put in spanish, then I´ll try to translate as best as I can:

Ande yo caliente,
y ríase la gente
Traten otros del gobierno
del mundo y sus monarquías,
mientras gobiernan mis días
mantequillas y pan tierno,
y las mañana de invierno
naranjada y aguardiente...

Translation:

Let me be warm...
And people shall laugh loud.
Let thou to talk about goverment
of world and its monarchs
while all my days are governed
by soft bread and butter,
and in winter mornings
orange juice and brandy...

Aldramelech
11-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Ahhh a true connoisseur, the unofficial Sam Vimes version.

Millennium Hand and Shrimp!

Denzark
11-10-2010, 06:21 AM
Or if you prefere:

Where's my Cow?
Is this my Cow?
It goes "Baaa"
It is not my Cow!

Are we not all, in some way, searching for our Cow?

Not the greatest piece of erotic poetry, but it gets the job done.:rolleyes:

Bugglit!

Ahhh a true connoisseur, the unofficial Sam Vimes version.

Millennium Hand and Shrimp!

There is some surreal sh*t going down here in this hood, Mesdammes et Monsieurs. Never did I think a humble harkening haiku of harried and harrowing heartfelt hereditary heady yet handy houtpourings and hexortations (OK stretching now) would result in poetry of this nature being debated and dicussed, even in the dank fastness of the oubliette.

Particularly not by a mucker of Mr A's profession, Christ on a bike!

Anyhoo, I went with a haiku primarily because I remember some ancient fluff when, with some Farseer encountering some warp presence (it might have been either the psychic disturbance of an Ork WAAAAGHH from WAAAAGH the Orks source book, or the shadow in the warp in the early tyranid fluff with Inquisitor Kryptmann) decided the game was up and composed his death haiku.

Given that my current Muse is of the pointy eared persuasuion I just went with the form.

Don't forget, I am writing this crap, whilst youse lot are merely quoting it. Quite frankly I think I normally agree with Hermann Goering - "Every time I hear the word culture, I take the saftey catch off my browning."

However I will accept, in the way that various geniuses a la Mme La Muse de Moi have been re-ranked as autarchs etc, if BoLS re-ranks me as 'Death Laureate' or something similarly catchy.

Duke
11-10-2010, 09:46 AM
@Denzark, did you just use Ebonics "there is some serious **** going down in this hood," only to end by quoting Goering? Well played sir, well played.

Duke

Aldramelech
11-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Its a Pratchett thing........

Duke
11-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Pratchett, Terry? I love that guy! In fact it is almost time to read Hogsfather again.

Duke

Aldramelech
11-10-2010, 10:56 AM
There is some surreal sh*t going down here in this hood, Mesdammes et Monsieurs. Never did I think a humble harkening haiku of harried and harrowing heartfelt hereditary heady yet handy houtpourings and hexortations (OK stretching now) would result in poetry of this nature being debated and dicussed, even in the dank fastness of the oubliette.

Particularly not by a mucker of Mr A's profession, Christ on a bike!

Anyhoo, I went with a haiku primarily because I remember some ancient fluff when, with some Farseer encountering some warp presence (it might have been either the psychic disturbance of an Ork WAAAAGHH from WAAAAGH the Orks source book, or the shadow in the warp in the early tyranid fluff with Inquisitor Kryptmann) decided the game was up and composed his death haiku.

Given that my current Muse is of the pointy eared persuasuion I just went with the form.

Don't forget, I am writing this crap, whilst youse lot are merely quoting it. Quite frankly I think I normally agree with Hermann Goering - "Every time I hear the word culture, I take the saftey catch off my browning."

However I will accept, in the way that various geniuses a la Mme La Muse de Moi have been re-ranked as autarchs etc, if BoLS re-ranks me as 'Death Laureate' or something similarly catchy.

Im a poet warrior in the classical sense;)

Faultie
11-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Im a poet warrior in the classical sense;)
By this, he means he does battle with rhyming scribes.

Connjurus
11-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Pratchett, Terry? I love that guy! In fact it is almost time to read Hogsfather again.

Duke

Terry Pratchett is my favorite author, ever. Period.

And the Death series is the best part of his books.

Denzark
11-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Once upon a time, in the land of BoLS
(that place better than Greggs' sausage rolls)
There was a young fellow called Commissar Chris,
Who left the forum in a fit of hiss-
EE, he didn't stint, he hit out left and right,
He wasn't going down without a fight.
But as he left, he called EG a troll,
Threw accusations like a mujik or prole
After this trivia, the thread went well wierd,
Something strange happened, I felt much a-feared
People skulled their past, found that lost nation
The poetry learnt in their past edukashun
We heard from Donne, Keats and Shakespeare,
And other geniuses from old yesteryear
And this thread, the banter was all quite witty,
Even if the commissar had started all...
Disgruntled.
So, because I found I was quite amused,
I thought I would try and get youse
All to come back, after the jump
So I composed this ditty to give it a bump.

Denzark
Poet-Sergeant and Regimental Historian
3rd Necromundan (Suicide) Field Sanitation Battalion

Duke
11-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Once upon a time, in the land of BoLS
(that place better than Greggs' sausage rolls)
There was a young fellow called Commissar Chris,
Who left the forum in a fit of hiss-
EE, he didn't stint, he hit out left and right,
He wasn't going down without a fight.
But as he left, he called EG a troll,
Threw accusations like a mujik or prole
After this trivia, the thread went well wierd,
Something strange happened, I felt much a-feared
People skulled their past, found that lost nation
The poetry learnt in their past edukashun
We heard from Donne, Keats and Shakespeare,
And other geniuses from old yesteryear
And this thread, the banter was all quite witty,
Even if the commissar had started all...
Disgruntled.
So, because I found I was quite amused,
I thought I would try and get youse
All to come back, after the jump
So I composed this ditty to give it a bump.

Denzark
Poet-Sergeant and Regimental Historian
3rd Necromundan (Suicide) Field Sanitation Battalion

+11 internets... 10 for the poem and +1 for using "ditty,"

Sounds like Im going to have to whip out some old cowboy poetry! (though Im no cowboy)

Duke

Aldramelech
11-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Did you just use "Youse" in poetry? You did didnt you!

Dear oh dear................

Denzark
11-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Even the scouse vernacular needs poetic love now and again...;)

Aldramelech
11-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Or a small tactical nuclear device detonated just over the Mersey............

Paul
11-20-2010, 05:31 AM
I am a double major in Philosophy and Latin. With this basis I can safely announce:

CATULLUS IN THE HOOD!

"From then on, the Ionan sea was the HIONAN SEA!"

rofl.