PDA

View Full Version : Some things i jus wanna say

Pompey1104
10-29-2010, 12:57 PM
hey up guys, i'm a fairly new player, but have really got into the blood angels. jus trying new things and test wt goes well with other things. i even had a good list idea, but still nevous about putting it up lol

not so long ago i was playin against my mate who was using chaos space marines.
i was useing blood angels.
i cant remember exactly what units he had but it was full of high power stuff.
i had 3 landraiders redemers with extra amour
inside:
10 D/C 2 fists, 2 P/W, 2 T/H
10 RAS fist n flamer x2
2 S/P fist n flamer x2

deep struk landraiders 2nd turn on his front lines, couldn't do any thing against twin linked flamers n my assault squad stayed inside untill 2 L/R blew up, the third jus got out hen it was safe and minced the chaos to death. My S/P did well for me, you've got to feel no pain :)

safe to say my mate wasn't happy that he was my second victory :)
so conclusion, deepstriking landraider with guys inside works very well

There i said it
tell me wt u guys think

Pompey :)

BuFFo
10-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Hey!

Welcome the The Lounge!

Don't be nervous. Just post up your list, and then let us have a nice discussion about it :)

Denzark
10-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Well, don't keep us in suspense young fella-me-lad, out with it! No point in starting like that and not finishing, tell us about your grand list to burn the xenos scum from the stars...

Sir Biscuit
10-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Don't be nervous. Communities like this exist to help new players develop and refine their game.

gcsmith
10-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Deepstricking LR work well if u add a drop pod to give beacon, otherwise they run the risk of scattering and u dnt wanna see them blow up against a guard squad due to mishap

blackarmchair
10-31-2010, 02:35 AM
Deep-striking the Land Raider is a fun mechanic if nothing else.

It's not exactly competitive because you put yourself in Melta range but when it pays off it's one of the most fun things you'll ever pull off (almost as fun as rolling "ere we go" and deep striking 30 boyz). :)

Pompey1104
10-31-2010, 10:57 AM
i know u run the risk ofbein meltad to death bt with the redeemer and its two flamestorm cannons. coming on the front linesis worth the risk.

after flamin his army's front line, leave your guys inside with that extra armour n aromour 14 all the way round they have a good chance of survivein. next turn get them out n annihalate wt ever's in your way. the blood angel way

BuFFo
10-31-2010, 11:11 AM
i know u run the risk ofbein meltad to death bt with the redeemer and its two flamestorm cannons. coming on the front linesis worth the risk.

after flamin his army's front line, leave your guys inside with that extra armour n aromour 14 all the way round they have a good chance of survivein. next turn get them out n annihalate wt ever's in your way. the blood angel way

What?

gcsmith
10-31-2010, 11:16 AM
Depends on who you face, remember if you designate to DS u must DS (well webway one exception) and therefore enemy can wreck you by being in transports.

Pompey1104
10-31-2010, 01:35 PM
i know that DS landraiders isnt always the best option bt its a good 1 if taken by the right enemy. i have some other ideas for list bt wanna try em out first. as i said from the beggining. i'm fairly new lol
1 other list thats worked out for me is decent of angels aload of troops again on to there front lines. i figue being mostly assault, going straight for there front lines would be a good idea. then im not wasting time traveling across the board

Mal
10-31-2010, 03:52 PM
i know that DS landraiders isnt always the best option bt its a good 1 if taken by the right enemy. i have some other ideas for list bt wanna try em out first. as i said from the beggining. i'm fairly new lol
1 other list thats worked out for me is decent of angels aload of troops again on to there front lines. i figue being mostly assault, going straight for there front lines would be a good idea. then im not wasting time traveling across the board

This is true for most units, even units generally accepted as subpar... essentially 40k is a really big and complicated game of paper, rock, sissors. If you've got the right unit to counter your enemy and know the best tactics to get the most from them then your doing well..

Unfortunately this can only truely be learned through experience, which is why I never put anyone down for proposing a whacky, zaney army build... if nothing else it'll give me more experience against units rarely fielded.

Pompey1104
11-01-2010, 11:07 AM
if ne 1 is interested i'm puttin a battle report up from the other day.... take a look