PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Dark Eldar

RIGHT-Titan
10-29-2010, 06:18 PM
So, I've made probably a dozen lists so far, with varying levels of contentment.

I think I've hit on something I'm happy with now... but I'd really like feedback on it.

HQ:

Baron Sathonyx
Haemonculus with Liquifier, Venom Blade & Animus Vitae

TROOPS:

19x Hellions (Baron goes here)
10x Hellions with Helliarch with Agonizer
9x Wracks (Haemonculus goes here) with Liquifier and Acothyst with Agonizer
>> Raider with Flickerfield
7x Wyches with Haywire Grenades & Hekatrix (unit is designed to deal with walkers mostly)
>> Raider with Flickerfield

ELITES:

3x Trueborn Warriors with 2 Splinter Cannons
>> Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons
3x Trueborn Warriors with 2 Splinter Cannons
>> Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Ravager with Flickerfield & Nightshield

FAST ATTACK:

6x Reaver Jetbikes with 2 Heatlances & 2 Cluster Caltrops

Comes out thus far to 1841, which leaves me with 9 unspent points... I'm unclear thus far as to what would be the best use of them, or if something should be re-purposed to free up more points...

Thank you for your feedback ladies and gentlemen.

Mal
10-30-2010, 02:20 AM
you do realise the haywire grenades the wyches are using need 6's to hit a walker on combat... ok your throwing 7 grenades so odds are 1 will hit... but 1 hit wont garuntee you the kill.

tbh I think its a really poor use of wyches, there are better ways to deliver haywire grenades.

RIGHT-Titan
10-30-2010, 06:08 AM
Yeah it's probably the area of the list I don't like tbh...it deals with vehicles that haven't moved... but walkers always use 6's unless immobilized so I'm probably going to have to change it.

Mal
10-30-2010, 03:22 PM
your spending 14 points in haywire there, drop those, add some combat weapons and you've for a fairly decent combat unit.. (to be fair you don't have enough points left to kit them out like they should be, but a couple of shardnets and run them in with another unit will work).

Caldera02
10-30-2010, 03:49 PM
if you want a small unit that can deal with walkers, try scourges with haywire blasters or hell any unit with a blaster.

gcsmith
10-30-2010, 03:52 PM
like witch leader :p

isotope99
10-30-2010, 03:52 PM
11 lances + the reavers' heat lances should be enough to deal with walkers.

Swap the Wrack's agoniser for the Hekatrix who'll probably make better use of it.

Use the 23 spare points leftover after dropping the haywires to give phantasm grenades to the second hellion squad.

That would be my suggestion.

RIGHT-Titan
10-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Scourges seem like they could be nice.. but they are pricey. They can't move fire move can they?

I think the point of the wyches is to keep them cheap and in combat.

Round 1 of combat if you can even stun the walker, then you're hitting on comparative WS in round 2.

I'm not saying it's great... but it's not terrible. 4+ invulnerable save, and LD 9 means they will probably tie the walker up for a while, which stops it from hurting really squishy stuff.

I wouldn't mind tossing in a unit of say 5 scourges with 2 Heat Lances, but I really worry about their survivability. Seems like a one trick pony.

To be honest the only walkers I'm really worried about are deepstriking ones, and even then I'm so much more mobile than most of the ones that will deepstrike - with the exception of the Blood Angel OMGWTFBBQ Flying ones...