PDA

View Full Version : 2k Dark Eldar(Hellion based)

Blackyujiro
10-29-2010, 07:53 PM
After playtesting my 1st list, I decided to change up, in an effort to take some of the heat of my Hellion squads. So instead of running 45 Hellions, I dropped down to 30 total. Thi will also make my squad footprints a lot smaller and easier to get into cover when needed.

HQ

o 3x Haemoculi:3x Hex Rifles
o Baron Sathonyx

Elites

o 5x Incubi:
Venom:2x SplinterCannon
o 4x Kabalite Trueborn:4x Blasters

Troops

o 9x Hellions:Helliarch, Stunclaw
o 10x Hellions:Helliarch, Stunclaw, PhantasmGL
o 10x Kabalite Warriors:Splinter Cannon
Raider:Flickerfield, Night Shields,Splinter Racks

Fast Attack

o 6x Reavers:2xCaltrops,
o 5x Scourges: 2x Haywire Grenade Launchers

Heavy Support

o Ravager:Fickerfield, Night Shields
o Voidraven Bomber:Flickerfield, Night Shields, 2x Implosion Missles, 2x Shattershard Missles

Caldera02
10-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Nice I like it

RIGHT-Titan
10-29-2010, 09:29 PM
I like the idea of the list... I made an 1850 Hellion focused list myself.

I would make a few changes though..

I don't like blaster squads of trueborn. They are very fragile.

I also worry about Incubi not having grenade launchers. In this age of cover saves galore if your lances blow up a vehicle, the resulting goodies will be sitting in cover you've given them. Not to mention how easy it is to find pieces of cover to hide in.

I loved the idea of the stunclaw, but the problem with it is that most ICs you can pull from a squad can take a 10 man squad. You have no power weapons in those groups so you pull a guy out that can quite possibly beat your unit in combat.

I would drop the stunclaw for agonizers.

I would drop the scourges for a ravager. I think it's more predicable than a random number of glances and pens from the grenades.. I like the grenades don't get me wrong, but I use them in a small walker hunting wych squad personally and I have 3 ravagers in my list to back em up. I'd like to see more long range anti-tank in this list, but I think you have a solid foundation.

Blackyujiro
10-30-2010, 01:55 AM
Right-Titan: I agree on the Stunclaws. once I re-arrange some things, the only squad with one will be the Baron's. The Scourges are just fun to me.

The Incubi are there to back up the Baron's squad in assault, for when they do pull out that tough IC. In my proxy games I ran 2 units if 15 Hellions, only reason I split it into 3 of 10, is that their "footprint" was huge. making it difficult for me to keep them in cover as they advanced. But, with the Haemys in this list, they'll start with FnP, So i may boost them back up to 15. I wanna run this list 1st and see what i can do to optimize it without changing it too much.

RIGHT-Titan
10-30-2010, 06:10 AM
If you put Haemies stuck in with hellions that is going to slow them down a lot though...

They have a potential 24" charge and reliably about a 20-21" charge. I'd let them use it.

isotope99
10-30-2010, 08:22 AM
I'd add retrofire jets to the trueborn venom or the ravager so they can DS next to scary targets like artillery.

Not sure I'd have quite so many upgrades on the vehicles (voidraven = extra 100 pts and Raider = extra 25 pts).

Maybe spend some of those points on some cheap wracks for objective holding. Once the haemonculi have handed off their pain tokens to the hellions, they can join the wracks and hold objectives whilst sniping things. 5 wracks plus a liquifier gun is only 60 pts and have T4, FNP and a decent template weapon.

Blackyujiro
10-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Good points isotope99, I can drop one of each missle type and the Night Shields to grab a unit a Wracks.

Edit:
So a few minor subtractions, and taking a lil of isotope99's advice. And i think this list will work much better. Still on the shelf about the 3x10 Hellion or 2x15, but I will playtest that out out.

HQ

o 3x Haemoculi:3x Hex Rifles
o Baron Sathonyx

Elites

o 5x Incubi:
o 4x Kabalite Trueborn:4x Blasters

Troops

o 9x Hellions:Helliarch, Stunclaw
o 10x Hellions:Helliarch, Agonizer, PhantasmGL
o 6x Wracks:Liquefier Gun
o 10x Kabalite Warriors:Splinter Cannon
Raider:Flickerfield,Splinter Racks

Fast Attack

o 6x Reavers:2xCaltrops,
o 5x Scourges: 2x Haywire Grenade Launchers

Heavy Support

o Ravager:Fickerfield, Night Shields
o Voidraven Bomber:Flickerfield, 1x Implosion Missle, 1x Shattershard Missle

gcsmith
10-30-2010, 01:52 PM
silly post here, sorry, love ur list :P its cool and might annoy people stupid

Blackyujiro
10-30-2010, 09:55 PM
@gcsmith: that was what I thought about when I started thinking of a list. "What can really annoy my opponent",lol

@RIGHT-Titan: The Haemys can initially deploy with the Hellions, then 1st turn leave them with the Pain Token.

Blackyujiro
11-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Got a couple of 1k point games in yesterday. Mainly used them to test a few units out. I'll write out a BatRep when I'm feeling a lil brave. Anyway, taking how my units performed, I've decided to try another route with the list.

Baron Sathonyx
2x Haemonculi w/ Hex Rifles
Haemonculus w/Dark Gate, Scissorhand(rides with Incubi)

4x Incubi
Venom w/ extra Splinter Cannon

13x Hellions w/Helliarch, Stunclaw, PGL
13x Hellions w/Helliarch, Agonizer. PGL
13x Hellions w/Helliarch, Agonizer. PGL
8x Wracks w/Liquifier
8x Wracks w/Liquifier

9x Reavers w/3x Cluster Caltrops

Ravager w/Flickerfield, Night Shields
Voidraven Bomber w/Flickerfield, 2x Implosion Missles, 1x Shatterfield Missle

2000pts

In theory, this army will be very difficult to get a lock on for my opponent. in a standard game,The Baron and a Hellion squad wil start in cover(giving them a 3+ cover save) near the Haemy riding with the Incubi. These two units are each other's back up. The other 2 Haemy's start attached to the other Hellion squads, but close enoug to the Wracks(my objective grabbers)to detach 1st turn, leaving the Hellions with a Pain Token, and join the Wracks. The Reaver squad has been increased, to really cause major problems for my opponent, as they wiil do nothin but turbo-boost the entire game searching for Bladevane/Caltrop victims, and maintaining a 3+inv save. The Ravager takes it's standard roll hunting tanks. And the Voidraven adapts the dual role of anti-tank(Void Lances)/anti-infantry(Missles and Void Mine). I also opted for a Dark Gate on the Haemy riding with the Incubi, for hordes and insta-killing heavy infantry(Terminators, we're looking at you).
Now to wait for the 20th to pick up my 40 Hellions and prepare Baron Sathonyx to lead his screaming, drug crazed, maniacs into bloody battle.