PDA

View Full Version : 1k haemoculus force

gcsmith
10-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Hey guys so simply put I LOVE wracks. Their rules seem cool, and t4 fnp people with poison attacks on charge are not to be sniffed at. As such ive put this list together and hope to see it meet with some approval from vets out their since im a newbie.

anyway here we go.

Haemoculus. *hard to have an Haemoculus army without one" with agonizer and liquifier and soul trap.

9 Wracks for haem to go in with liquifie,r leader with agonizer in raider with flicker torment and aether sails
10 wracks with 2 liquifiers leader, with agonizer in raider with flicker, torment and aether sails
10 wracks with 2 liquifiers leader, with agonizer in raider with flicker, torment and aether sails

1 ravager with flicker field and rectrofire
1 ravager with flicker field and rectrofire

Snugly fits in 1k and provides me with everything :P should do quite well if i do say so myself :p

So what do you think this will struggle against and will it be a pain to kill and be quite poweful?

isotope99
10-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Agoniser and soul trap don't really work so well together as agoniser is fixed at 4+ regardless of Str, also not much to kill at 1k points.

I'd recommend:

Drop the soul trap and the torment grenades and 5 more points to upgrade your haemo to an ancient who'll make better use of that agoniser.

It wil struggle against dug in troops making use of cover as wracks don't have grenades abd they'll geyt cover saves against your lance fire.

gcsmith
10-30-2010, 02:48 PM
soultrap is really there to help cause ID

gcsmith
10-30-2010, 02:52 PM
though maybe ancient with casket of flensing would be better?

Billyjoeray
10-31-2010, 01:14 AM
I would look into the hex rifle for the Haemi, it's only 15 points and it's an assault 1 sniper rifle that may cause instant death. It might be a better option than CC for your haemi since he's not particularly good at it when compared to the other HQ choices. The idea would be to have him and his smaller squad chill on a mid range objective while the other wracks go wrecking people. The list seems like it might be able to take on a lot of different types of armies. The dual liquifiers help against hordes and you've got a considerable amount of AT fire, so it's looking pretty solid.
Just out of curiosity, what models are you going to use for your wracks?

gcsmith
10-31-2010, 01:33 AM
corsairs, my wracks are going to be more super eldar, same way marines are super human

RIGHT-Titan
10-31-2010, 06:30 AM
I just finished (minus a tiny bit of greenstuffing and one repair) my wracks last night.

I used the bodies of the WFB Empire Flagellants, Heads will be coming from left over reaver jetbikes and I used some from the warriors of chaos box with greenstuff over the eyes to make it flat and faceless.

Then I've got spines, or tentacles coming out the backs from the horrors and vampire counts boxes, and lastly a few spikey limbs from various other chaos bits bashed together with arms.

The effect works nicely I think...

gcsmith
10-31-2010, 09:59 AM
cool would love to see some pics

RIGHT-Titan
10-31-2010, 12:48 PM
cool would love to see some pics

Okay, so standard disclaimer on these pictures...

1) Taken with my iPhone not my SLR, so not the greatest quality...
2) Still a work in progress, there is still some green stuffing to do and I didn't take pictures of any of the models currently needing heads.
3) Obviously unpainted at this point
4) I have not had access to any pictures of wracks, merely descriptions of them.

That said, the general idea I have been going for is:

Souless, mindless minions of the haemonculi, created to serve a purpose and to perform tasks for them. Therefor you will note some have hands, some have spikey things, some have prehensile tentacles some have dissection spikes on their backs.

Some of the non-photographed ones have hooks for hands and the "agonizer" is a giant hooked flail from a chaos warriors box set.

The gun on the one wrack's arm is the liquifier. His entire arm has been modified to serve as the weapon, with a mouth like opening and insect like jaws on the edges. You can't see it, but it has a tendon like tube attaching it to a pack on his back.

The eyes on the helmets will be green-stuffed over, with grills and holes left in the mouth area, and if none exist they are going to be added.

Without further adieu, here are my WIP wracks.

gcsmith
10-31-2010, 01:47 PM
That is some nice converting mate :) nice to see that and hope they all turn out good when completed.

Billyjoeray
11-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Those wracks are waaay cool. I really like the idea of using empire flagellants as a base. I was wondering if you had any idea of what to use to build on that if you were interested in making a more Dr. Frankenstein type thing with technology incorporated into them. Kinda like some of the forsaken alchemy undead/monsters they have in the Warcraft universe. Like a crazy arcane alchemy/science mix. I tried to find an image of what I was talking about but couldn't find anything, but if you have ever played WoW, maybe you know what I am talking about?

gcsmith
11-01-2010, 03:37 AM
good examples of what your talking about are thaddius, groubbulus, rotface and festergut.

anyway lets get back on topic of the army list :p

RIGHT-Titan
11-01-2010, 05:34 AM
Those wracks are waaay cool. I really like the idea of using empire flagellants as a base. I was wondering if you had any idea of what to use to build on that if you were interested in making a more Dr. Frankenstein type thing with technology incorporated into them. Kinda like some of the forsaken alchemy undead/monsters they have in the Warcraft universe. Like a crazy arcane alchemy/science mix. I tried to find an image of what I was talking about but couldn't find anything, but if you have ever played WoW, maybe you know what I am talking about?

I would just mix in more vampire counts bits probably... I only used a few focusing more on chaos bits to make them more spikey. If you wanted more zombie-ish/frankenstein, I would maybe give them a ghoul head instead of faceless horrors, and maybe go with some of the cooler ghoul and skeleton bits from the vampire counts boxes. Just make sure you don't mix in too much counts as you still want them to look a little future-techy.