PDA

View Full Version : Fatecrusher @1500

epoch7
08-23-2009, 11:43 PM
I put together a fatecrushers list @ 1500 points the other day. Here's what I came up with. Its pretty anti mech I think with all the Bolts of Tzeentch and Soul Grinders. Running the Fatecrusher units up into close combat should scare the crap out of any army.

Fateweaver
6 Bloodcrushers: Fury of Khorne, Instrument of Chaos
Soul Grinder
Soul Grinder with Tongue Profile
Soul Grinder with Phlegm Profile
6 Horrors, 1 is a Changeling, Bolt of Tzeentch
5 Horrors, Bolt of Tzeentch
5 Plaguebearers
5 Plaguebearers

I thought about what it would be like if I ran all the horrors and the fateweaver together, but I don't think it would survive real heavy weapons fire, even with the FW.

1500 points.

Chumbalaya
08-24-2009, 06:49 AM
2 Tongues, 3 BS3 bolts and 1 BS5 bolt is kinda meh. Bloodcrushers are slow, come on MASSIVE bases, and are really quite easy to avoid or tie down with a single Dreadnought.

You need some speedier units to catch up to the enemy and allow the crushers to reach them. Fiends, Sheralds, Flesh Hounds, and Seekers work well here. They also help against mech with lots of medium S attacks with rending against rear armor.

I'd run Princes with bolt instead of the Grinders to benefit from Fateweaver's aura, plus they're easier to drop in.

usekungfu
08-24-2009, 02:47 PM
I would suggest princes. I like fiends as well. I was also under the impression that more blood-crushers would be favorable in this sort of lists, like 8 or something.

Chumbalaya
08-24-2009, 02:51 PM
You have to find a safe area to place Bloodcrushers, and 8 is really tricky.

epoch7
08-25-2009, 01:30 PM
I would suggest princes. I like fiends as well. I was also under the impression that more blood-crushers would be favorable in this sort of lists, like 8 or something.

For the point value, replacing a 95 point unit of horrors with 90 points fiends yields more wounds, attacks. The only thing that sucks is the 5+ save on beasts. That in my mind makes them just as vulnerable as the horrors. Although the fiends are faster and do better assault damage, they have to live to make it there. Horrors can try ds'ing from far out, then move in a little and fire, then possibly evade? i dunno. its a tough call imho.

Katie Drake
08-25-2009, 09:36 PM
6 Bloodcrushers: Fury of Khorne, Instrument of Chaos

Good, but see if you can squeeze in another two 'Crushers. Split them into two units of four and you should be good to go.

Soul Grinder
Soul Grinder with Tongue Profile
Soul Grinder with Phlegm Profile

These three are very expensive, but unfortunately probably won't do much. Since your main concern is anti-tank, run extremely cheap Tzeentchian Daemon Princes in their place, or even Heralds of Tzeentch with Master of Sorcery, We Are Legion, Bolt of Tzeentch and Chariot. The important thing is that you pack a lot of Bolts. Princes and Heralds will generally do better than Grinders since they can take advantage of Fateweaver's rerolls.

6 Horrors, 1 is a Changeling, Bolt of Tzeentch

These units are a little small. Try to include at least two units of 8 Horrors with Bolt, then see about squeezing in a smaller third unit. :)

5 Plaguebearers
5 Plaguebearers

No Icons? Mildly surprising, yet not entirely unexpected. They are pretty expensive. :(

I thought about what it would be like if I ran all the horrors and the fateweaver together, but I don't think it would survive real heavy weapons fire, even with the FW.

Don't underestimate the ridiculousness that are Daemons with rerollable saves. There's a reason Fateweaver costs over 300 points, and it ain't his statline. If you really want to be a jerk, run Kairos near your Bloodcrushers and/or Plaguebearers. Both of these units become nigh-impossible to stop with his influence and will have your opponents seriously sweating.

Best of luck!