PDA

View Full Version : BA 2500 Points

Tynskel
10-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Nevermind all the titles for the for the squads n' stuff-- what I am looking for are some comments!

Sanguine Descendants
2500/2500

HQ 380
175 Master of Vigilance, 5th Battle Company Commander:
Master Garibaldi (Captain Tycho)
160 Honor Guard Squad Zenith
Powerfist, 2 Meltaguns
45 Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod w/Locator Beacon

ELITES 635
210 Terminators, Squads Zeal and Tenacious
5 Terminators, Hv Flamer and Chainfist
235 Terminators, Squads Zeal and Tenacious
5 Terminators, Assault Cannon, Chainfist
190 Sanguinary Priesthood
Shaharrim, Terminator Armor
Keeper of the Grail: Theralas (Corbulo)

TROOPS 1270
340 Death Company Squad Fury
6 Death Company, 3 Power Weapons and Bolt Pistols, 1 Powerfist and Bolter, 2 Bolters and Chainswords, and Master of Sanities: Chaplain Druidia (Lemartes)
150 Callistar, The Determined
Death Company Furioso, Hv Flamer, Magna Grapple
185 Tactical Squad Sol
10 Marines, Power Weapon, Flamer, Multi-Melta
210 Tactical Squad Omega
10 Marines, Powerfist, Combi-Melta, Meltagun, Multi-Melta
240 Assault Squad Luna
10 Marines, Power Weapon, Infernus Pistol, 2 Meltaguns
10 Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod w/Locator Beacon

Hv SUPPORT 215
215 Burning Star
Stormraven, Extra Armor, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta, Twin-Linked Plasma Cannons

lobster-overlord
10-31-2010, 07:33 PM
I like the idea of everything being in Drop Pods for the most part. I've got a couple sitting to the side for this myself. Seeing the mix of meltas and flamers makes me think that you're going to be right up on the opponent fast and furious. How will you handle if you are stalled against a shooty army? Do all of the DC have jump packs (I don't have my codex to see if the points are there for that or not), or does just Druidia (Lemartes)? I was looking at something similar, however, I would have a Land Raider Crusader in palce of teh Stormraven, and shove some of the termies in that, and a Dev squad rather than the third Tac squad.

Tynskel
10-31-2010, 09:17 PM
interesting suggestions.
Heheh, a Land Raider! Not a bad idea, considering they can still deep strike. The Death Company do not have Jump Packs (they wouldn't fit into the Stormraven if they did because of '14' model spaces).
Devastator Squad is not a bad idea (however, I don't have 3 Tactical squads, I have 2 and an Assault Squad). It would help with my heavy weapons problem with giving me longer range.

The original plan was to have some armor to protect the Death Company before they were unleashed. hmmm, Lemartes is so good, but, because of the Jump Pack, the only transport he can go into is the Stormraven. I could replace him with a reculisarch, and then I can put them in a Drop Pod. At that point, replace the Stormraven with a Land Raider--- points wise I would have to give it to the Assault Squad- they are the only ones that could fit in. I would then slip some characters with the Assault Squad, I think.

As for Devastators... The only thing I think I could realistically do is drop the Honorguard squad, and replace them with a Devastator Squad. It wouldn't be a full squad, but it would work. I still have 2 Sanguinary Priests, so I could handle the hit, in that respect. I could make this change, regardless of the Land Raider changes.

I am not worried about shooty armies. It is armies that can maneuver away, or out assault me, that causes a Drop Pod list worry. The way I see it, you are paying 45 points a squad to make sure you land right in their face! If you didn't want to do that, then take Rhino/Razorbacks. A Space Marine deep striking force is going for the kill.
In the past, I used to take lots of flamers, because a Drop Pod allows for a flamer to usually cover ~7-8 models pretty easily. BUT, metal boxes have really messed around with that plan. I have had my army backfire on me in the past when I dealt with an all mechanized force.
However, deep striking Land Raiders and Stormravens, especially when equipped with anti-tank units on board, have mitigated this problem. If you think about it, the turn a Stormraven arrives from Deep Strike has the potential of destroying up to 4 separate tank units. 2 for the Stormraven, 1 for the squad, 1 for the Dreadnought.

hmmmm... I will re-work the points on this list.
Thanks for the ideas.

gcsmith
11-01-2010, 03:45 AM
That list would do well against all bar 2 armies I can think of, eldar and their new evil cousins :p (well not so much new but got a new book).

But You would have more problems with those armies without the pods in my opinions, This way you can pod onto objectives and mean they have to come to you.
Otherwise they would probably just blow you up out of your rhino/razors and kill you while you foot slog.

Tynskel
11-01-2010, 04:32 PM
This list is attempting to address the suggestions. I replaced a Terminator Squad with a Sanguinary Guard squad. It is a loss of Powerfists, but gain in speed, reliability to blow up vehicles from shooting, and a reliable reserve roll.
I knocked Lemartes out of Death Company and took a Reclusiarch instead. This opened up the option of a Drop Pod.
The Command Squad is now a Devastator squad: Cheap, 5 men, 4 Missiles.
I exchanged Tycho for a Lightning Claw Terminator Captain. Might switch back for that.

The list has a fair amount of flexibility now. I can put the Dreadnought and a squad into the Stormraven. Then Drop Pod 2 empty Pods and the Devastators on Turn 1. Or, if I need men on the ground, I can just drop in full pods. I could have the Stormraven empty. The point is that even if I am having difficulty with my deployment, I can still attempt to control the game with my choices of how I come in on turn 1.

2500/2500

HQ 285
155 Master of Vigilance, 5th Battle Company Commander: Master Garibaldi
Terminator Armor, Lightning Claws
130 Master of Sanctity: Druidia
Reclusiarch

ELITES 640
210 Terminators, Squad Zeal
5 Terminators, Hv Flamer and Chainfist
240 Sanguinary Guard, Squad Tenacious
5 Sanguinary Guard, 3 Infernus Pistols, Powerfist
190 Sanguinary Priesthood
Shaharrim, Terminator Armor
Theralas (Corbulo), Keeper of the Grail

TROOPS 1185
190 Death Company Squad Fury
6 Death Company, 3 Power Weapons and Bolt Pistols, 1 Powerfist and Bolter, 2 Bolters and Chainswords
150 Callistar, The Determined
Death Company Furioso, Hv Flamer, Magna Grapple
65 Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod w/Locator Beacon, Deathwind Launcher
185 Tactical Squad Sol
10 Marines, Power Weapon, Flamer, Multi-Melta
210 Tactical Squad Omega
10 Marines, Powerfist, Combi-Melta, Meltagun, Multi-Melta
240 Assault Squad Luna
10 Marines, Power Weapon, Infernus Pistol, 2 Meltaguns