PDA

View Full Version : New basing kit available for advance order

LostInTheDark
08-24-2009, 05:37 AM
There is an advance order up on the GW website for a new basing kit and some different colour static grass.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat80002a&rootCatGameStyle=paints-tools

Looks like an alright kit, but not sure about the brass foliage though!

vman
08-24-2009, 07:20 AM
Cool... i have an older basing kit, that had an Eldar Harlequin on the box cover.

I find the kit pretty useless tho... for one, resin sucks especially when its thick as like those pieces were... plastic would have been much nicer but i doubt that would ever happen

If you could just add bits on to the bases it would be perfect, but the pieces require alot of fiddeling around with, and heaps of sanding, just to get it right

Herald of Nurgle
08-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Seriously though... brass leaves? That's probably the worst idea that I have ever said for a basing kit

They could have, you know, at least done skulls or fantasy runes? Hello!!!!

CrusherJoe
08-25-2009, 06:26 AM
Well...that kit looks to be more WFB-related (the square resin bases are a dead give-away, if the name isn't enough ;) ).

the one
08-25-2009, 06:36 AM
Yeah definatly for fantasy. The one with the harlequin on the front is called the heros basing kit or is it just me?

Mananarepublic
08-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Beeing lazy I love the slates though - good size an shape..overprices, but awesome!

/M

Trinity
08-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Actually the Brass leaves make sense. It will be hard enough that when painted the paint wont easily chip off. And you can bend and shape the leaves to the shape you want. Looks really cool.

Katie Drake
08-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Wow, that's almost as badass as the older one with the Harlequin on the front. I'm definitely gonna order a copy or two.

Hashshashin
08-25-2009, 08:42 PM
The one with the harlequin is the 40k one, and personally I think it's pretty sweet. Vman I'm not sure what type of fiddling you're referring to, but I really enjoyed that basing kit as well as the Hero one and the others.

Have to say, I'm glad someone thinks the leaves are a good idea because I first saw this and thought there pretty lame. There looks to be some good skulls and resin pieces, but I may have to stick with the 40K one mainly because you get an extra bin of flock instead of an empty bin, and the 40K brass etch is much more usable in a 40K setting<which I play exclusively>

person person
08-26-2009, 10:14 PM
40K brass etch is much more usable in a 40K setting<which I play exclusively>

same, leaves isn't that bad an idea, but I'd rather have skulls and stuff anyday.

vman
08-27-2009, 02:11 AM
The one with the harlequin is the 40k one, and personally I think it's pretty sweet. Vman I'm not sure what type of fiddling you're referring to, but I really enjoyed that basing kit as well as the Hero one and the others.
>

The resin bits are too thick so you cant just stick them onto the base, without having to file off a few mm worth of resin...

Its not that great a basing kit imo... should be able to take bits from the kit and just add them without any prior modification... this is not the case

oni
08-27-2009, 07:22 AM
These have been available for advance order for a few days now. I'm surprised BoLS didn't make a post about it already.

Lord General Xi Lutor
08-27-2009, 07:34 AM
Yeah definatly for fantasy. The one with the harlequin on the front is called the heros basing kit or is it just me?

No it was the 40k Basing kit. The Hero basing kit I think had a Champion of Nurgle chaos warrior.