PDA

View Full Version : Some nice wracks. 1850 Haemonculi horde

bryce963
11-01-2010, 05:44 PM
With an incomplete preview pdf, this is what I think would be really cool.
Inspiration after reading about BuFFo's games over at http://awesomesaucestudio.blogspot.com/, the crazy flesh moulders look fun.

5-7(depending on Rakarths roll) units start with 2 pain tokens, so FNP and FC, which makes wracks pretty deadly, 4+ wound, with a reroll at I5 on the charge. Who cares if they can't shoot much?

I like that this only uses units from one branch of society, though the grotesques seem cool, I don't know if two units is really needed.
Or some trueborn instead, and max out the wracks and maybe mount them, putting a haemonculus while giving the trueborn FNP to start the game with.

Maybe a webway portal(my copy didn't have who exactly can take it), or some warriors instead of the last two wracks?

Any ideas? Not that I will be making this anytime soon, as no time/money, and as of yet no models, but it's fun to play with a new book.

HQ
190 Urien Rakarth
180 3 Haemonculi , 3 liquifier guns

Elites
220 4 grotesques , liquefier , raider flicker
220 4 grotesques , liquefier , raider flicker

Troops
170 9 wracks , liquefier gun, raider flicker field
170 9 wracks, liquefier gun , raider flicker field
120 10 wracks , liqufier x 2
120 10 wracks , liqufier x 2
120 10 wracks, liquefier x 2
90 8 wracks, liquefier

Heavy support
125 Ravager , flicker night shield
125 Ravager , flicker , night shield

BuFFo
11-01-2010, 07:00 PM
135 Ravager , flicker , night shield

Ravager with those two upgrades is 'only' 125 points. Nightshield isn't 20 points anymore :P

Is it possible you could proxy an army and play it? my Wracks, at the moment, are in the middle of being made from Fantasy figures, but when I play, I use Warriors as Wracks.

bryce963
11-02-2010, 01:54 PM
I wish I had the time to try a practice game, I might see what happens this winter between semesters.

Law school is not too conducive to gaming. But at least I have one classmate to play with on occasion, and two ok stores here.

Back to blood alcohol testing. Sigh, blood+ science= haemonculi.

So no thoughts besides wrong on points?
I sadly don't have the full book so I don't know how much all options are or who can take portals, but working one of those in and maybe replace those last two wrack units(and one or both grotesques) with some warriors or trueborn would be nice.

DrLove42
11-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Portals are any customisable unit..so Archons and Hemos.