PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt SM (vanilla). 2 different lists. Would like critiques.

wiles01
11-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Couple 2000 Vanilla, tournament style all commers lists.

Trying to keep mostly mech. Trying to figure out how to shove a Rifleman dreadnought into the mix.

I kind of favor list B, but I do like the Fast Attack squad in list A with the Librarian joined. List B just seems to have more "power" if that is the word with the extra armor units.

Comments, suggestions or help are appreciated.

List A - 3 tac squads and 2 dreadnoughts

2000 point list - Van Space Marines

HQ1 - Librarian with Jump Pack - joined to assault squad
Null Zone and Avenger

Troops - Tac Squad - 10 men - Pwr Fist Sergeant/Melta/Multimelta - Rhino

Troops - Tac Squad - 10 men - Pwr Fist Sergeant/Melta/Missile Launcher - Rhino

Fast Attack - Assault Squad - 10 men - Pwr Fist Sergeant/Flamer/Flamer

Elite - Terminator Assault Squad - 6 men - TH/SS x6 - Land Raider w/extra armor

Elite - Dreadnought - MM/CCW/Flamer - extra armor - Drop Pod

Elite - Dreadnought - Rifleman 2x TLAC - extra armor

Hvy Support - Predator - AC/LC sponsonsx2

Comes out to 1995 points

List B - 2 Librarians Sternguard version

2000 point list - Van Space Marines

HQ1 - Librarian in Term armor (rides with Assault Terminators in Land Raider)
Null Zone and Avenger

HQ2 - Librarian - Storm Bolter - Joined with Sternguard in droppod
Avenger and Gates of Infinity

Troops - Tac Squad - 10 men - Pwr Fist Sergeant/Melta/Multimelta - Rhino

Troops - Scout Squad - 6 men - 5x sniper rifles/1x missile launcher

Elite - Terminator Assault Squad - 5 men - TH/SS x5 - Land Raider w/extra armor (Libby riding with this group)

Elite - Sternguard Squad - 10 men - CombiMelta/Melta/Melta - attached with Librarian - Droppod

Elite - Dreadnought - Rifleman - 2xTLAC - extra armor

Hvy Support - Predator - AC/HBx2

Comes out to 1996 points

Splug
11-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Both of those look like reasonable lists. I like the second one more as well, though you need to be aware that you have quite a few kill points on the table and only a handful of scoring units. You may be able to outkill your opponent, but the standard rulebook missions may prove difficult.

Have you considered using Vortex of Doom on your terminator librarian? He's going to be traveling with a squad that wants to charge the turn it disembarks, and hitting an infantry squad with Avenger is likely to result in the closest models dying to prevent the charge. Having Vortex would give the squad the option to blow open a transport if they're forced out early, and thus assault the occupants.

I'm not sure the power armor librarian needs that storm bolter. He has Avenger for the shooting phase, and having a pistol would allow him an extra attack in close combat - since he's the only power weapon that sternguard squad has, it may be worthwhile to get him that extra attack before you gate away. Keep in mind as well that if he is charged by a power fist, having no invulnerable save and T4 means he's very likely not going to be alive to gate that squad out.

Ramza
11-03-2010, 12:45 PM
I also like the second list better. The only thing I notice is that you will be dropping a fairly expensive unit and HQ 1st turn, granted you will probably bust a transport with the meltas, but turn 1 they are getting punished. thats a lot of points to give up early. Secondly, it looks to me like there is not much long range weapons that could hurt a LR, or equivalent, so if those meltas fail, and die turn 1, you have to get really close to open the LR's. You do have meltas charging up in rhinos, but when they move you can't shoot the Multi-Meltas. I don't know, maybe you are comfortable with getting tac squads tangled up with whatever is inside of those LR's, but I know I wouldn't be.