PDA

View Full Version : Inquisitors and Grey Knights in Space Hulk

Commander Dante
11-02-2010, 12:38 PM
UPDATED 3/29/17 Due to broken link

Having the models, I was long frustrated that Games Workshop never fully developed the rules for Inquisitors in games of Space Hulk. So with practice, trial & error, a set of balanced and fun rules for playing these characters has been created for this purpose.

Please enjoy the rules found here in convenient PDF format:
https://www.scribd.com/document/343460708/Grey-Knights-Inquisitors-in-Space-Hulk

This is my compliment of Grey Knights and Inquisitors: http://s32.photobucket.com/user/cmdr_dante/library/Space%20Hulk%20and%20Advanced%20Space%20Crusade/Inquisitors%20and%20Grey%20Knights

Also, Grey Knights as written in the official Genestealer Expansion were not given points values. This is an easy fix.

Grey Knights are basically librarians, at 14 points for a Lv. 1, plus 5 points per additional level, plus an additional point for their Nemesis weapons. If one of them is designated a Sergeant, this costs one extra point also.

For instance:

Lv. 1 Grey Knight: 15 Points
Lv. 2 Grey Knight: 20 Points
Lv. 3 Grey Knight: 25 Points
Lv. 3 Grey Knight Sergeant: 26 Points
Lv. 4 Grey Knight: 30 Points
Lv. 4 Grey Knight Sergeant: 31 Points

All Hail the God Emperor of Humanity!

Commander Dante
02-26-2011, 11:48 AM
This document has been updated.

Space Hulker
06-15-2012, 12:49 AM
The rules look great, can't wait to try them out. Also a good excuse to finally grab a couple of those old Inquisitor minis :-)

I made up some rules for a handflamer myself because I have some old Space Marine character models wielding them. Similar to your rules to hit, but I made it a target weapon and gave it 6 shots like standard and heavy flamers. Of course that makes bolt pistols more attractive in comparison, so I added the rule you can target any square within LOS so the Marine player can slow down oncoming genestealer waves somewhat and block LOS of hybrids with ranged weapons to make the weapon more useable.

Commander Dante
07-14-2012, 05:27 PM
The rules look great, can't wait to try them out. Also a good excuse to finally grab a couple of those old Inquisitor minis :-)

I made up some rules for a handflamer myself because I have some old Space Marine character models wielding them. Similar to your rules to hit, but I made it a target weapon and gave it 6 shots like standard and heavy flamers. Of course that makes bolt pistols more attractive in comparison, so I added the rule you can target any square within LOS so the Marine player can slow down oncoming genestealer waves somewhat and block LOS of hybrids with ranged weapons to make the weapon more useable.

Hulker,

Official rules for hand flamers were originally release with White Dwarf 120, and it works similar to a heavy flamer in AP requirements for shooting and reloading, range and AOE. However, hand flamers being lighter were less powerful and required a roll of a 4 to kill a 'Stealer or blip, instead of the usual 2 for heavy flamers. Power Armor is killed on the roll of 2+, if using Hybrids with hand flamers, or playing Marine vs. Marine.
They are very useful, especially in defensive actions (provided you have enough CP to do that in the enemy's turn).

The rules were later reproduced in the Space Hulk Campaigns book as well.

Commander Dante
03-29-2017, 06:20 PM
Hello Space Hulkers,

Please see the item has been re-uploaded due to broken links.