PDA

View Full Version : Dust tactics

Lane
11-03-2010, 05:21 AM
Any interest in dust Tactics?

Just received my copy yesterday. Minis are great, can post pictures if there is interest. Rules can be downloaded here http://www.dust-tactics.com/download_d.php?id=40

energongoodie
11-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Any interest in dust Tactics?

Just received my copy yesterday. Minis are great, can post pictures if there is interest. Rules can be downloaded here http://www.dust-tactics.com/download_d.php?id=40

I've following the website for a while and it looks really nice. I was gonna wait for some reviews before I bought though. Let me know what you think. The minis look lovely.

Lane
11-03-2010, 03:03 PM
I'll try to get a full review up tonight after work.

The minis are slightly taller than GW Imperial Guard minis, by about 2-4 mm, and bases are roughly 30mm.
Proportions are natural and GW's "heroic" style.The minis are pre assembled and primed in a dark blue-gray for Axis and dark olive drab for Allies.

Vehicles (referred to as Robots in product description) are 3-3.5" tall on 80mm bases. Turrets on Allied walkers and the gun arms on Axis models move but otherwise possibility is limited. The walkers are pre painted in a single color with a few decal markings. Detail level is good, equal to most Die-cast or pre painted models available.

The Dust Tactics website has additional models available or soon to be released. These are 1:48 scale which sounds about right for the game minis. This should allow some cool conversions since tanks, trucks, aircraft and accessories model kits are available in this scale.

Rules? best to read them yourself at the link above. This is a board game, not tabletop minis game, although there have been comments that a tabletop rule set was/ is in the works.

RedWidow
11-26-2010, 10:25 PM
I have it ordered. The english rulebook is available as a free download and is a great read. The rules look really good and the models look even better. The fact that the standard starter box comes with all minis pre-primed and ready to paint is fantastic.

Porty1119
11-27-2010, 09:59 AM
This stuff is RIDICULOUSLY expensive. Either that or I'm having a hard time getting to the right section.

energongoodie
11-28-2010, 03:40 AM
This stuff is RIDICULOUSLY expensive. Either that or I'm having a hard time getting to the right section.

It looks like they are selling aversion of the boxed game fully painted. That one is chuffin expensive.
The normal ones are ok I think.

Lane
12-02-2010, 01:07 PM
The dust tactics site only has the premium edition (fully painted), the standard set is available online for about $70.

Porty1119
12-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Available online as in where?

wittdooley
12-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Available online as in where?

www.coolstuffinc.com
www.miniaturemarket.com

I've used both. Very trusted companies.

energongoodie
12-30-2010, 06:21 AM
Got Dust Tactics for Christmas and had my first game yesterday.
I really enjoyed it. It is simple to learn and my friend and I played a couple of games straight away.
The miniatures are really nice with lots more promised. I really hope the demand is there.

The games are very quick to play with each unit blasting away with loads of dice. The units in the box are the basic figures with both sides having two basic units, a hero, a special unit and a couple of tanks each. You get alot of really nice miniatures for not alot of money. I'm gonna paint mine but I can see most people not bothering.
If you get the chance to play it then give it a go. I just wish there was somewhere round here (sutton) to play it.

Captain Max
12-30-2010, 10:04 PM
I've painted my minis for Dust Tactics - I love them! - but I haven't had a chance to play yet.

energongoodie
12-31-2010, 03:35 AM
I've painted my minis for Dust Tactics - I love them! - but I haven't had a chance to play yet.

How about some pics?