PDA

View Full Version : 750pt Eldar list.

eldargal
08-24-2009, 08:22 AM
I just put together this little list for small battles with new players or new group members, just wondering what people think. I've basically built it around my two favourite units, my farseer and howling banshees. It has been so long since I played a small game like this I'm not sure if I've got the mix right. It isn't meant to be an optimised list:

HQ Farseer, spirit stones, doom, mind war, eldritch storm, guide 160

TR 10 Dire Avengers, exarch, dire sword, shuriken pistol 142

TR 5 Rangers, Pathfinders 120

EL 10 Howling Banshees, exarch, executioner, war shout, acrobatic, 332
wave serpent, shuriken cannon, twin linked shuriken cannons,
vectored engines, spirit stones

Any opinions?

Cryl
08-24-2009, 10:01 AM
I'd be tempted to drop the pathfinders and take a serpent for the avengers. A single heavy flamer will toast those snipers and with the changes to snipers in 5th ed they're just not as good as they used to be. From personal experience I've always found that the mobile eldar units are the most useful and avengers are the masters of the drive up and shoot a unit dead tactic.

I'm not an expert and your mileage may vary :)

Old_Paladin
08-24-2009, 11:13 AM
So many points spent on the Farseer and banshees.
I feel that the Seer has too many roles to play. If he's support, drop War and Storm. If he's destructive, drop guide and doom.

With such a small force; the Avengers should have bladestorm.

Maybe drop the banshees down to a smaller number (say 6ish); use those points to get either scorpions or spiders (both of which have better armour saves, have good strong attacks and boost anti-infantry). If you really love the banshees maybe split the unit into two (one mounted one on foot).

This would give different noobies a better feel, I think.
You'd have some pyker, some good shooting, some mech, some foot troops, some anti-MEQ and some anti-hoard.

Bunny
08-26-2009, 02:18 AM
I've not got much experience with 750pt armies, but it looks pretty balanced. Looks competitive enough to give a good fight, but not enough to make a game against a newbie completely one-sided and spoil the game.

The only change I would make is to drop Eldritch Storm, and as Old_Paladin said give the Avengers Bladestorm. That said, casting a few Eldritch Storms would certainly encourage a newbie to make full use of the 2"coherency!

I'd be tempted to drop the pathfinders and take a serpent for the avengers. A single heavy flamer will toast those snipers and with the changes to snipers in 5th ed they're just not as good as they used to be.

True. Although, at least their Ballistic Skill is 4, unlike those poor SM Scouts. Also now that they have the 'Ranger Long rifle rule' and the 'Rending' universal special rule, they are probably the best sniper unit available currently, even if they are a bit pricey.

eldargal
08-26-2009, 03:05 AM
Thanks for the replies.:) I've made a few changes (two psychic abilities depending on what im doing, wave serpent instead of rangers etc. Though I might give the rangers a try, I've pretty much ignored them in larger games) and will give this a whirl soon I hope.