PDA

View Full Version : 2k Dark Eldar Webway list

Agent of Change
11-03-2010, 09:39 AM
I figured I'd throw this out here to see what people thought.

The theory here is that having a Webway portal is nifty. So I built a list with some decent balance (I feel) using only the models released in the first and second wave. Mainly because i want to paint these things so I'm not too worried about proxy or conversion at this point.

So within the following self imposed limitations:
1. Must be a first/second wave model for a unit
2. Must use Webway portal(s)

I would love some feedback/ critiques.

HQ. Archon w/ webway (not sure how to build him I expect him to be 150-170 pts total)
roll - CC Target - infantry

Elites. Harlequins 10 w/ Deathjester, Seer, Master, a number of H.kisses
Roll - CC Target - Infantry

Troops: Warriors 20 w/ sybarite, upgrade pistol; 2 shuriken cannons, 1 blaster (x2 this unit)
Roll - Shooting Target - Infantry / Limited Armor

Troops: Wyches 9 EMP grenades, 1 WychWeapon (not sure which), Hekatrix w/ agonizer (Archon goes here)
Roll - CC Targets - Infantry / Vehicles
Raider w/ Flickerfield / Darklance
Roll - Transport/Shooting Target - Armor

Troops: Wyches 10 EMP grenades, 2 WychWeapons (not sure which), Hekatrix w/ agonizer
Roll - CC Targets - Infantry / Vehicles
Raider w/ Flickerfield / Darklance
Roll - Transport/Shooting Target - Armor

Fast: Reavers 6 w/ 2 Heatlance, 2 grav grapnel, Champion w/poisoned blade (x2 this unit)
Roll - Multipurpose Target - Infantry / Armor

Fast: Hellions 10 w/ Champion (not sure what to give him yet)
Roll - CC Target - Infantry

So there it is, still point tweaking to do and some thinking to do. But i think it gives me a fairly balanced list that allows me to pour most of my units through a webway portal. I guarantee it's going to need tweaking in the long run but as an excuse to put nice models on the table I curious what people think, nothing fancy just to the point.

gcsmith
11-03-2010, 10:33 AM
I believe the webway portal is really there to allow certain units which will kill in CC or otherwise closer, but have little way of getting their quickly.

So as such use it with talos or as u have done harlies :)

isotope99
11-03-2010, 11:07 AM
I'd try and scrounge enough points to include a cheap haemonculus with webway portal in the second raider. At 2,000 pts, one webway portal is very risky and doesn't give you a lot of tactical options. 2 on the other hand will keep your opponent guessing as to where the threat will come from.

You can use the Rakarth mini to stick with your rule.

Agent of Change
11-03-2010, 11:19 AM
I toyed with the idea, maybe stuffing him in with the other wych unit.

I dunno I'm worried about under trooping myself

Archon Charybdis
11-03-2010, 01:19 PM
I toyed with the idea, maybe stuffing him in with the other wych unit.

I dunno I'm worried about under trooping myself

You can cover the cost by dropping the upgrades from your Reavers except for the Heat Lances. You need the HLs to keep up your AT, and in my experience so far Reavers suffer if you try to multi-purpose them--they're too expensive and fragile if you overload them with upgrades.

Agent of Change
11-03-2010, 01:27 PM
That's not a bad idea, I could definately drop the grav thingies (honestly aside from opportunity shots at armor i mostly just loved the idea of using the blade vanes as much as possible), but is it worth the lower Ld to drop the Champion?

I am waffling over how to equip the Archon in this list. I'm torn between WW delivery platform and actual combat character.