PDA

View Full Version : 2k SM mech all comers

wiles01
11-03-2010, 08:46 PM
2000 SM Vanilla

Finally got a list I think meets up with most of the advice I've been given.

I want to keep it mostly mech, have some AV and some anti-horde capability as well.

Think I have a pretty nice mix of units for an all-comers type list.

Let me know what you think.

HQ1 - Librarian with Jump Pack - joined to assault squad
Force Dome and Avenger

HQ2 - Librarian in Term armor w/SS - joined to Assault Terminators in LR
Null Zone and Vortex of Doom

Troops - Tac Squad - 10 men - Pwr Fist Sergeant/Melta/Multimelta - Rhino

Troops - Tac Squad - 10 men - Pwr Fist Sergeant/Melta/Missile Launcher - Razorback

Troops - Tac Squad - 10 men - Pwr Fist Sergeant/Melta/Missile Launcher - Razorback

Fast Attack - Assault Squad - 10 men - Pwr Fist Sergeant/Flamer

Elite - Terminator Assault Squad - 5 men - TH/SS x5 - Land Raider w/extra armor (I only have a stock LR, not a variant)

Elite - Dreadnought - Rifleman 2x TLAC

Hvy Support - Predator - AC/LC sponsonsx2

Hvy Support - Predator - AC/HB sponsonsx2

Comes out to 2000 points on the nose

Planning on combat squading the 2 Razorback Tac squads, Commander/Melta in the Razorback and ML in the gunline in cover.

Assault troops will maintain cover behind the Land Raider and Jump forward if the Terminators come into contact with an enemy.

My Jump Pack Librarian has Force Dome and Avenger. Was going to take VOD with him, but it wouldn't be as useful if I wanted him to be able to move with the group and be able to fire off an attack (unlike the Terminator Librarian.)

Terminator Librarian with NZ and VOD in case I come up against enemies with invul saves and VOD because, you know, "go big or go home".

Heavy Bolters give some decent anti-horde, the TLAC and AC's give some light transport/inf killing ability. The Lascans and missile launchers of the tac squads are for heavier vehicles.

Power fists on the Sergeants in case they come into contact with heavily armed solo's or other vehicles.

Some day I might have a Land Raider variant and then use that, but for now, I have the stock Godhammer LR with WYSIWYG.

Splug
11-04-2010, 10:53 AM
The jump pack librarian with force dome has some interesting synergy with the assault squad. Giving that unit an invulnerable save is something I'd honestly never considered. Let us know how that works out - it has a lot of potential, especially coupled with a terminator assault squad.