PDA

View Full Version : 2k Dark Eldar Shenanigans

evilamericorp
11-04-2010, 04:37 PM
This certainly won't be a tournament list, but it should be entertaining, and it might even win a few games:

3 Haemonculi, 1 w/ Power weapon

3x 5 Beastmasters/25 Khymerae (Haemonculi start the game with these units to give them pain tokens off the bat)

2x 10 Wracks
2x 10 Kabalite Warriors w/ Dark Lance

3 Talos w/ Heat Lances

I think a lot of armies will have trouble dealing with so many fast, durable bodies on the field. That's 90 models with a 4++, FNP, fleet, and 12 inch assault

I'm not sure about the Taloses (Talosi? Taloi?). I originally wanted to take 3 ravagers instead to deal with vehicles, but then I remembered that for some stupid reason, shadowy warp beasts can't climb stairs (but a 10 ton dreadnought can?), and so enemies sitting on the second story of some ruins would basically negate all my offensive hitting power. Also, walkers in general getting into combat with my blobs would take them out of the game, so I needed something large and heavy hitting in the front lines. The 3 heat lances moving up should be able to pop transports or walkers as I need them to, while the dark lances can sit in cover, holding my objective and dealing with LRs and other heavy tanks. The wracks I can move up behind the beast wall to take objectives, getting cover and FNP, and providing homes for the Haemonculi after the first turn so they don't slow down the beasts.