PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Eldar

Chaos Companion
11-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Hey there folks. I'm fairly new to the game, only been playing several years, and want to start up an Eldar force. Here is an 1850 list i would like to build towards for a starting army. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. On a side note my gaming group has resisted the urge of MECH SPAM which I read so much about as the current meta game. Most folks run hybrid lists, and NOBODY mounts everything in transports. So please keep that in mind. My list does have pretty much everything mounted, but I felt like to take advantage of the Eldar speed, I needed the wave serpents. Ok here it is:

Autarch: Scorpion Chainsword, Mandiblasters: 85

Farseer: Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Doom, Fortune: 145

10 Dire Avengers w/ Exarch: two Shuriken Catapults Bladestorm:152
Wave Serpent: Shuriken Cannon: 100

10 Dire Avengers w/ Exarch: two Shuriken Catapults Bladestorm:152

5 Rangers: 95

10 Striking Scorpions w/ Exarch: Scorpion Claw, Shadowstrike: 207

10 Howling Banshees w/ Exarch: Mirrorswords, Acrobatic: 187

6 Fire Dragons: 96

6 Warp Spiders w/ Exarch: additional Death Spinner: 149

3 War Walkers: 2 Shuriken Cannons each: 135

Falcon: Eldar Missile Launcher, Shuriken Cannon: 145

Farseer rides with Banshees, Autarch tags along with Scorpions. Scorpions and War Walkers outflank while Warp Spiders deep strike. Somewhat lacking in long range anti tank, but LOTS of str 6. I figure the warpspiders and War walkers can tackle back and side armor with the way they are coming in. The Autarch ensures they should arrive at the start of the 2nd turn.

Any thoughts or critiques would be great. I took a fair amount of units that i thought would be FUN, and I would enjoy playing. I also tried to make a balanced list that is effective through synergy. Please tell me what you think.

Cheers!

davel
11-06-2010, 02:00 AM
Solid list

1 piece of advise, I find spirt stones on transports are essential.

1 problem I've spotted. I don't think you can use the autarch with shadow strike/ infiltrate (dex is pre outflanking rules) shadow strike states rule say that "His leadership is needed else where". Out flanking him with scorps is very shaky ground.

hope that helps

dave l

Chaos Companion
11-06-2010, 03:53 AM
wow, sure enough. thanks for the input and bringing that oversight to my attention. not quite sure how to tool him out if he can't join my outflankers. maybe stil him in with the warpspiders?

davel
11-07-2010, 01:45 AM
I have seen the spider autarch in use typical load out is ws jump pack, fusion gun (as he can get round back armour), power weapon and madi to give some cc punch. this load out is expensive.
I tend to be using yariel, he is there to help reserve rolls and badly damage any thing that is going to cause me problems. Like all autarchs he is instant killed easily. Like the load out above he is expensive but as long as he does the damage in 2 out of 3 missions it's not important.
The problem with the pack is if he is own doubles mean dead, this can be mitigated a little as he can still run and assult.
A load out that may work in your army id DA shurikenpower weapon madi (in that order of purchase in case points are thin)
This autarch can sit with your DA. The benefit from improved ld ( important as you only have 3 troops) and he can further boost shooting. With your selected squad defend is something both squad and autarch can use.

your banshee have help from farseer so don't need him though he doesn't hurt.
Your fire dragons are a suicide squad so he wold be more of a liability
it's a lot of points to get him to effectively join the spiders though his increased strike range may be worth it ( and its cool)

one last thing i tend to go with power weapon over scorpion sword for the over simplified ( and not math hammered) reason of
scorp sword needs roll to hit+ improved roll to wound+ him failing save
power swors needs roll to hit+ roll to wound

this is based on the dice don't like me so the less get rolled the better, but if your short on points ( of course you are, you play eldar that is our way) go scorp sword.

dave l