PDA

View Full Version : Want to run 2 Webway Portals. Is a 2 Archon list viable?

Mr. Furious
11-05-2010, 02:41 AM
As in the title: I'm creating my DE army list and have decided that I want the capability of running 2 webway portals.

I prefer to not convert or use "counts as" models and want to stick with what's available currently(or soon).

The only models that can drop a portal are Archons and Heamonculi. Keeping in mind that I don't want to convert, the Haemonculi would not provide me their full usefulness because I would have none of the models that they support with special rules. If I ran Haemonculi I would basically have one or 2 in a unit with some warriors or other support unit to keep them alive rather than using their ability to add more troop choices to my list(which is really their biggest value in my opinion).

With all that in mind, I'm considering adding a second Archon to my list to give me another heavy hitter HQ and provide me with that second portal that I desire.

Since we're still a couple days from the codex release I'm wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to run 2 Archons in a given list and if there are any significant drawbacks in doing so?

Thanks!

Mal
11-05-2010, 04:27 AM
There is no longer a limit on the number of archons outside of the number of HQ's you'd normally be allowed to take.

They are essentially now just a vanilla commander.

Mr. Furious
11-05-2010, 05:28 AM
Awesome! Its nice to know I have the option.