PDA

View Full Version : Texicon Warhammer 40K tournament May 20-22

TwoGunBob
11-05-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm a representative of Texicon, a gaming convention in it's second year in Ft. Worth, TX. Just got tapped by the organiser that they're trying to get together a 40K tournament and got charged with getting the word out. Details are at www.texicon.net

If you have any questions feel free to post them here and I'll get the direct organizer to answer them or get him in here himself. Below is the blurb from the site. Thanks and take.

Welcome to what we hope will be the first of many Games Workshop Tournaments at Texicon. It is exciting to be able to host such a great game and we look forward to
watching the carnage!

This Tournament will only take place if you, the player, make it happen. For this Tournament to take place you need a minimum of thirty players preregistered no later than November 14,
2010. In the event that the Tournament does not take place you may request a refund or convert your Tournament Badge to a Convention Badge. Once the Tournament has minimum
registration of thirty people no refunds for the Tournament will be possible.

Your Tournament Badge gains entrance to the Tournament only. Should you find yourself no longer part of the Tournament and there is space available at the convention, you may turn in
your badge for a one day pass to the convention.

If you have any questions about this event please contact Jason Shelton [email protected] or one of the other Tournament organizers.

We look forward to seeing you at the convention!

Kro
11-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Howdy BoLS Community!

My names Tom, and im the appointed liason between the 40k Tournament organizaers and Texicon.

As the above post says, we need 30 players to pre-register by November 14th in order to host the tournament. Yes, we know this is an extremely close deadline to meet. But rest assured, if we fall severely short of the 30 player minimum, your money will be refunded to you. In addition, if we get close enough to the required 30 partcipants, (depending on the ending number of total registrants) we will hold the tournament. Although this decision is solely up to the discretion of the Conventions VP and is out of my hands.

If your interested, please visit our website at www.texicon.net.

Thank you for your interest! We're looking forward to hosting a DFW 40k tourny!

Tom "Kro" Flannery
Texicon Liason

Kro
11-07-2010, 09:14 PM
In addition, the tournment format will be as follows:

2000 Points Standard Force Organization

7 Round Swiss Style Tournament with 4 rounds on Saturday and 3 rounds on Sunday.

Scoring will be as follows:

70% Battle Points
15% Paint
15% Sportsmanship

Prizes will be for Best overall, Best general, Best paint, Best Sportsman, and a players choice.

I hope this helps to answer some of your questions about the event we'd like to hold.