PDA

View Full Version : Rackham Entertainment to be Liquidated

cavalier1864
11-06-2010, 07:57 AM
As many of you know, I am a huge proponent of the AT-43 ruleset and the games of Rackham Entertainment. I gives me no pleasure to report the following sad news:

Rackham Entertainment
2 Nov 2010

R-E Company is in liquidation since last tuesday, due to the liquidation of her only owner since Dec. 2009, Global Technologie.
We will try and keep you informed of the following of the universes and games created by the Studio.
It has been a tremendous pleasure to make this wonderful games for you.
Good game!

Rackham's game rules are incredibly solid and very useful. The abstractions are intelligent and logic, and based on realistic premises. As all of the rules for AT-43, Confrontation, and Aarlash Warpack are available for free on the Rackham Entertainment website, as are the rules for the armies in both the AT-43 and Confrontation settings, I still highly suggest going and getting yourself copies. Don't worry about buying the models (likely they will be cheap soon), use your 40K or Fantasy armies.

odinsgrandson
11-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Well, this definitely sounds like a bad thing, but it might be a good thing for some of us miniatures painters.

The game world properties don't just vanish when a company dies, so it is possible that some new company will be picking up those properties and producing those miniatures and games again.

Sure, it won't be the same, but I'm still rather irked at Rackham for producing the best range in the business, then discontinuing it and replacing their game with a 100% pre-painted plastics line (they were the best pre-paints out there, but the minis were no where near as beautiful as the Confrontation 3 minis).

Here's hoping it gets picked up.

marcoasalazarm
12-01-2010, 01:25 PM
The site went down and now I cannot download the army books or the art and photos of the models (which were superb).

Hopped into this bandwagon too late, I guess.

Does anybody has it? The army book PDFs? Any art? Photos of the models?

I would thank you immensely.