PDA

View Full Version : BOLS Con - A Thank You

rabscutle
08-24-2009, 12:58 PM
So I had a blast this weekend. 7 games in 2 days, never mind Goatboy's bachelor party and sleeping on the hotel floor of a room with too few beds, wore me out.

I just wanted to say thank you to all the WHFantasy guys for your advice, comments and understanding about my newb status in the latest addition. Before this weekend, I hadn't played the game in 3 or 4 years after my army got stolen and I never could get excited about starting a new one. Abe and Larry gave me the hard sell to get me to come out of retirement, and I couldn't be happier. I forgot how much I missed the game and the tactics. I had to uncrack the vault where you keep that part of your brain you have to have razor sharp to be good, and let me tell you, it is dull. It needs to be sharpened, and I can't wait to get to the task.

Thanks for the great games, thanks for the fun.

Oh, and one more thing. We really need people from outside Austin to play. We got a ton of locals, while the circle bases got people from everywhere. If I can show up for this con, so can you.

Get to BOLSCon 2010... you will have a blast and maybe find your joy in the game again.

See you at the table kids...

Randroid
08-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Agreed. Had some really fun games even when I got my *** handed to me. More people should play Fantasy overall, but I was a little underwhelmed by the turnout here. We have more players! Why didn't they show?

Sorry bout the KB on Valkia by the way. That is one for the history (of Scraplauncher) books.

Aims
08-24-2009, 01:19 PM
I wish I'd gotten a chance to wander over by the fantasy tables, but I was stuck up front taking care of 40k people who couldn't put their teams on their sheets! >.< Nah, I'm just giving certain people a hard time. I'm glad to hear that you guys had fun, and I do wish there had been some more fantasy people around, but I guess it's something to keep in mind for the next one.

Grimstonefire
08-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Was there anything interesting from the GW/ Forgeworld guy they had there about upcoming releases?

The Girl
08-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Hopefully I'll be able to play next year.... was fun watching while I was able, though.

RandomX
08-25-2009, 12:50 PM
I look forward to not being in a s***hole desert next year, and will be rolling dice as I ought to be. :)

I am really glad that it was such a success guys!

-Eric

rabscutle
08-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Was there anything interesting from the GW/ Forgeworld guy they had there about upcoming releases?

He did mention that the Chaos Dwarves were going to be done entirely by ForgeWorld. Which is both amazing and terrible at the same time. Cool models... if you can afford them or even get them reliably. He wasn't sure if Forge World would do the army book as well or if that was going to be handled by GW proper. To be fair, I remember hearing the same about Daemons, so take it for what it's worth.

He also mentioned that the 2nd wave of Daemons was likely coming soonish, including the Daemon Prince kit in the army book that looks so awesome. He said they also have finished Daemonettes on Steeds of Slaanesh as a plastic kit, which is awesome. Also plastic nurglings and plague bearers. No word on a date.

RandomX
08-26-2009, 10:53 AM
He did mention that the Chaos Dwarves were going to be done entirely by ForgeWorld. Which is both amazing and terrible at the same time. Cool models... if you can afford them or even get them reliably. He wasn't sure if Forge World would do the army book as well or if that was going to be handled by GW proper. To be fair, I remember hearing the same about Daemons, so take it for what it's worth.

Honestly I kind of figured that from the get-go. I have a feeling that CD will be the first "big" project for Fantasy Forge or whatever they end up calling the resin WFB division.

Going to start saving now, I am going to have a MASSIVE army of these things.....cause seriously, if they are as good as Krieg, then they will be worth it.

-Eric