PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt SW Shooting List

Advent
11-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Hey everyone. Im trying out a shooting list for my Space Wolves because of how the game is played at my FLGS. This list is packed full of heavy weapons and is designed for more of a sit back and blast my opponent away. I have yet to test the list in an actual game. I have however spent time pouring over other codex's and and opponents list while rolling the dice.

I would really apreciate feedback on this list.

Wolf Guard Battle Leader- 70pts

Grey Hunters- 10- 185pts
-2 Melta's and 1 powerfist
Drop Pod-35pts

Grey Hunters- 10- 185pts
Drop Pod-35pts

Grey Hunters- 10- 160pts
-2 Melta's
Razorback- 40pts
-Heavy Bolter

Grey Hunters- 10- 160pts
-2 Melta's
Razorback- 40pts
-Heavy Bolter

Dreadnaught- 125pts
-2 Twin Linked Autocannons

Dreadnaught- 125pts

Dreadnaught- 125pts

Long Fangs- 6- 140pts
-5 Missile Launchers
Razorback- 75pts
-Assault Cannon

Long Fangs- 6- 125pts
-3 Heavy Bolters
-2 Multi Meltas
Razorback- 75pts
-Assault Cannon

Long Fans- 6- 215pts
-5 Lascannons
Razorback- 75pts
-Twin Linked Lascannon

Alright, Turn 1, my strategy with this list is to put my Long Fangs in cover and begin taking out high priority targets. Drop Pod 1 will land either on a objective or in the enemy lines. Razorbacks will begin to move and begin firing on enemy infantry. Dreadnaughts will stay close to eachother and fire 12 Tein Linked shots a turn. Primarily at light vehicles. Grey Hunters on foot will hold objectives.

If all goes well (and it nevers goes according to planned), my army will take little to no casualties from enemy vehicles as I will try to take out any signifigant ranged units. Whenever Drop Pod 2 comes in it will contest an enemy objective (if playing objectives).

Hope you like the list everyone.

lowdog
11-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Wolf Guard Battle Leader- 70pts

Not a fan of the naked battle leader. You can probably find points for a Rune Priest instead, and then you don't have 70 points of HQ just sitting around doing nothing.

Grey Hunters- 10- 185pts
Drop Pod-35pts

I think you overpaid by 5 points. The second melta-gun is free.

Grey Hunters- 10- 185pts
Drop Pod-35pts

Grey Hunters- 10- 160pts
-2 Melta's
Razorback- 40pts
-Heavy Bolter

Not sure you can buy a transport that is too small for the squad. I don't have the BRB here, but I think it's in there under dedicated transports. Regardless, you are spending an extra 5 points for the privilege of trading in your 2 fire points for a heavy bolter. I'd drop down to a rhino, then you can still fire 2 bolters or 2 meltaguns out of it a turn. This way even if you don't zoom forward to get in melta range early, you retain the option to zoom that squad forward late game for objectives.

Grey Hunters- 10- 160pts
-2 Melta's
Razorback- 40pts
-Heavy Bolter

Dreadnaught- 125pts

Dreadnaught- 125pts

Dreadnaught- 125pts

Long Fangs- 6- 140pts
-5 Missile Launchers
Razorback- 75pts
-Assault Cannon

Long Fangs- 6- 125pts
-3 Heavy Bolters
-2 Multi Meltas
Razorback- 75pts
-Assault Cannon

Long Fans- 6- 215pts
-5 Lascannons
Razorback- 75pts
-Twin Linked Lascannon

If this is just how you have things modeled up cool, but I would instead do 2 squads of 6 missile launchers, and one squad of all heavy bolters. Then make all 3 Razorbacks twin lascannons. That gives you enough lascannon to punch through what your missile launchers won't, a solid anti-infantry squad, and the missile launchers can double duty as anti-tank OR anti-horde. This also saves you 45 points (letting you upgrade to that Rune Priest).

Multi-meltas aren't any better than missile launchers unless they get within 12", at which point your Fangs are in trouble anyway. If you were podding in the fangs with Logan to give them relentless, that's a different story, but even with fire control I wouldn't swap up your weapons too much. A) the squad leader that lets you split fire is probably your first casualty, and B) Just fire your missiles at 2 seperate transports.

Some others are going to suggest you not have an even number of drop pods. In this list especially you are abandoning the first squad in to pretty much get rocked early in the game. If you are trading them for a land-raider you are only winning out by about 30 points (more if you drop the powerfist).