PDA

View Full Version : 1000 point HE doubles army

gcsmith
11-10-2010, 07:32 AM
So in february the south west of england is having a grudge tourney at WHW. And Its doubles with 1k each.

Anyway My partner will be taking an all shooting dwarf army, So i thought I would compliment that with a combat HE army.
Anyway A quick over view of his force is.

20 quarrallers/thunderers. I want him to take quarrelers for the extra range but he wants thunderes, though he didnt believe crossbows were s4 so Ill convince him on that.

Rune smith

3 grudge throwers
2 cannons
gyrocopter.

Right with his list in mind. Here is mine.

Prince with dragon armour and greatweapon, on a barded steed. With radient gem of hoeth, and silver wand.
(this guy will take lore of death and will be used to decimate enemy heroes, and possibly units if he gets purple sun)

level 2 mage with seerstaff of saphery. (not sure what lore yet, likely High for sheild. Though if I do that no need for staff, as most other spells will help our army. Mainly to provide this synergy. So if anyone can suggest lores please say.)

24 Spearmen. with full command and banner of swiftness. (A nice block of men to get up in the face and provide the Mage cover, Though the mage can go elsewhere if needed.)

2 eagles (able to provide distraction and deal with enemy warmachines)

5 Dragon Princes with full command ellyrion banner (This unit will be where my prince goes. Helping decimate enemy lines and side hunting hard units that are too troublesome)

So overall what do you think? any changes I or my m8 should make. and how do you think we will do.
All comments and criticism Accepted.