PDA

View Full Version : A couple of 750p Dark Eldar lists

eldargal
11-10-2010, 08:17 AM
When a new codex/edition comes out my brothers and I always start small, with lot of little 750pt battles, so I've put a couple of Dark Eldar lists together with that in mind. I find it much harder to make these 750pt lists than I do 1000+. Thought I'd ask peoples opinions:

List One:

Archon with huskblade, shadowfield, ghostplate, combat drugs

9 Wyches with shardnet and impaler, Hekatrix with Phantasm Grenade Launcher and raider with flickerfield

10 Warriors with splinter cannon, blaster and raider with flickerfield and splinter rack

10 Warriors with splinter cannon, blaster and raider with flickerfield and splinter rack

Raiders and blaster provide anti-tank, splinter cannons and splinter racks provide anti infantry. Wyches and Archon assault, obviously.

List Two:

Archon, huskblade, ghostplate, combat drugs

9 Wyches, shardnet and impaler, Hekatrix with agoniser and Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Raider with flickerfield

10 Warriors with splinter cannon, raider with flickerfield and splinter rack

Ravager with flicker field

Little worried about the low number of troops in this one.

I've had a couple of small games and I've found the splinter rack and flickerfield combination quite good. The Raider survives longer and the re-rolls to hit really help maximise the amount of damage the warriors put out.

gcsmith
11-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Id go with 2nd just to be annoying, and besides ur troops need to be in tanks to survive, so keeping them there by destroying anti tank would help.

BuFFo
11-10-2010, 08:59 AM
You aren't using your Splinter Racks to reroll the Cannon shots, because you can't.

If you already knew this, then are the Splinter racks worth it for the Rifles?

My first instinct would be to dump the two Racks, and put an Agonizer on the Hekatrix.

eldargal
11-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Yes I know, it says splinter racks are for rifles and pistols only. But I had good results re-rolling rapid firing splinter rifles. And non-rapid diring come to think of it. The amount of extra wounds outweighe the benefit of having the hekatrix have a 4+ wounding power weapon. Of course, I did roll well so I might come to re-evaluate that in future.

Drew da Destroya
11-10-2010, 10:05 PM
I could see splinter racks on a crazy anti-infantry Trueborn squad.... 10 men, 4 Cannons, 6 Shardcarbines... the rerolls on the 6 carbines (or more, honestly... skip the cannons and keep moving?The rerolls would make up for the lost shot) could be pretty sick.

I like the first list more... extra scoring troop could prove clutch. I'm not sure on the points, but would a hybrid of some sort work? One ravager, and one Venom with 5 warriors?

eldargal
11-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Do shardcarbines get re-rolls from splinter racks?

The venom idea works:

Archon, huskblade, shadowfield, combat drugs

9 Wyches, shardnet and impaler, Hekatrix with agoniser and Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Raider with flickerfield

5 Warriors with splinter cannon, Venom with TL splinter cannon

scadugenga
11-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Do shardcarbines get re-rolls from splinter racks?

The venom idea works:

Archon, huskblade, shadowfield, combat drugs

5 Warriors with splinter cannon, Venom with TL splinter cannon

According to the 'dex it's only splinter rifles & pistols that get the benefit of splinter racks.

I'm getting more enamored of the venom as I go along. I have a couple chopped up vypers (from prior projects) that might find new life. :)

eldargal
11-12-2010, 06:58 AM
Yes, I think shardcarbines are nifty enough as it is without getting re-rolls to hit from splinter racks.

I like the Venom also, I've got an unopened Vyper somewhere...

According to the 'dex it's only splinter rifles & pistols that get the benefit of splinter racks.

I'm getting more enamored of the venom as I go along. I have a couple chopped up vypers (from prior projects) that might find new life. :)

isotope99
11-12-2010, 07:48 AM
If you're not taking the shadowfield, I'd take a succubus over the archon in the second list, unless you really want that huskblade

eldargal
11-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Well the huskblade is nice, but thats a good suggestion. Why didn't I think of a Succubus outside one of my Wych cult lists.:rolleyes:

DrBored
11-12-2010, 10:47 AM
The Succubus is a surprisingly under-the-radar HQ. She's cheap and has very few upgrades, but give her just an Agoniser and attach her to a squad of Wyches or Bloodbrides with an Agoniser, and you're good to go.

Not sure why your Wyches have Phantasm Grenade Launchers. Are you finding that they get assaulted a lot more than you're assaulting your enemy? They already have assault grenades, so not very useful there. I'd put those points into other things, like giving your Warriors a naked Sybarite for the extra Leadership.

eldargal
11-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Oh right, I forgot that they come with plasma grenades as standard.:o