10 Wyches: Hekatrix: Agonizer
Raider: Flickerfield, Dark Lance = 200

Ravager: Flickerfield, 3 Dark Lances = 115

*1500*

12 Dark Lances
6 scoring units
8 Vehicles

Hey I'm going for very competitive that means i also would like this list to be fluffy, and Win A lot.
I'm going to put all the objectives at my opponents board edge, First turn shoot up all his vehicles, monstrous creatures. Obviously wyches get out and assault the crap out of everything. The haemo group engages Heavy T stuff like warriors, plague marines etc. Worse comes to worse the ravagers can contest objectives neer my tablet edge or i can speed something back.

I like having 6 scoring units at 1,500. So I went with min maxing, I'm not really huge on any of the Wych upgrades besides maybe the Shardent- Impaler. I like spreading my points around and not having one obvious target.

Any and all advice would be great and truly appreciated. I know a lot of you are very knowledgeable.

Splug
11-10-2010, 12:06 PM
As intimidating as dark lances sound, keep in mind that 12 dark lances will average something like one AV12+ vehicle destroyed per turn, less if you have to shoot at smoked targets. It's great for obliterating land raiders, but don't expect your opponent's whole gunline to be dismounted right away. If you can get a couple blasters there to add additional firepower (and marine-nuking) capability, it'd probably be worth losing a squad. Swapping one wych squad for a warrior squad to sit on a rear objective (you don't get to place them all, just half of them!) would probably be a good plan as well - if there aren't any distant objectives, firing 18 poisoned shots off the top of a raider isn't a bad thing either.

Son_of_Osiris
11-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Hey. You may want to make room in one of the boats for your haemonculus to ride.

Other than that. you may want to consider dropping one wych unit in favor of a unit of wracks instead. They're around the same cost and are arguably the best (and cost effective) DE scoring unit. I'm not a big fan of ancient hamonculi. Consider dropping him in favor of 2 much younger and less expensive hamonculi. That way you can spread the tokens around a bit.

Though I think DE combat units (over other races' combat units) benefit greatly from strength in numbers, now-a-days I almost always take 8 or 9 man units to leave the option for characters to join and spread pain tokens without having to worry about the limitations of transport capacity.

Also consider haywires on your wyches. Its a preference thing. But man do they come in handy sometimes.

Overall, I guess I would suggest some variation in the list. Wyches are cool, but I don't know if they're 50 models cool. Phil Kelly's books typically reward diversity. I think, in order to be a competitive list, it should include a lil' something for everyone.

Mal
11-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Hey. You may want to make room in one of the boats for your haemonculus to ride.

Im guessing the haemoculus is going to ride in the raider with the 9 wracks....

Son_of_Osiris
11-11-2010, 02:37 AM
yeah, I see that now. Though I would still switch some of those wych squads into wracks and keep squads at 9 men at the most as I talked about earlier

Bleakz87
11-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Dark Eldar 1,500 points

Haemonculus: Power Weapon
4 Kabalite Trueborn: 2 Splinter Cannons
Venom: Flickerfield, Twin-Linked Splinter Rifle, Splinter Cannon = 183

9 Wracks: Liquefier, Acothyst: Agonizer

9 Wracks: Liquefier, Acothyst: Agonizer

9 Wyches: Hekatrix: Agonizer
Raider: Flickerfield, Dark Lance = 190

*1498*

14 Dark Lances
5 scoring units
50 Models
9 Vehicles
15 Agonizer attacks without charge
20 Agonizer attacks on charge
3 Splinter Cannons

Well i took all the advice into consideration, Here is my new list the wracks play midfield/ offence. The wyches play major offence. My ravagers stay back and my Haemo Trueborn group stay back and shoot, and contest objectives on my table edge

I hope it's still fluffy. I don't really like the Wych weapons much, Especially at 9 man.

All advice and critics is very appreciated i want this to be very competitive.

Son_of_Osiris
11-11-2010, 09:59 PM
I like this new list. I agree with you on wych weapons. They're just not worth 10pts each IMO. I'd rather spend the pts elsewhere in the list.

Honestly, you may find that 3 squads of wyches is just too many and want to switch out one unit for a heavier hitting squad (with some list trimming) like Incubi or something similar.

Wyches are neat and all, but when it comes down to it, they're really not that good at killing MEQs. They would have to be given/acquire a few pain tokens before they start trashing marines. Wyches will shred just about everyone else though.

Another reason I'm in favor of non-full strenght wych squads (besides the independent character/pain token/transport capacity deal I mentioned earlier) I so when the boat gets blown to bits, you don't lose a 150ish pt unit plus their 60+ transport, you lose a 100-120pts squad and their 60pt transport. One common problem alot of ancient DE players will tell you is that units that get shot down mid-field or further away... don't make it to the enemy.

I'm not in favor of Min/maxed units, but I am a firm believer of mid sized units to really confuse your opponent's target priority and save you a few pts as well! The sweet spot unit size is obviously situational to the type of unit , the army build, and even to the player. Though Phil wrote many of the DE units to gain an additional weapon at 10 men, ask yourself: is it really worth it? It might be in alot of instances! Though probably not everytime. The internet has us all convinced that the game is black and white, good unit/bad unit, min squad/max squad. I venture to think that it might not always be the case. the new DE, I belive are an example of this theory.

Try it out. 80% of list folks post online are either a trial or theoretical. In my experience, some of the best players I've ever played against had some strange lists. wierd unit numbers and combos that had very obviously been tested and tweaked to meet the player's style. Probably the best (most successful) player I know basically built an empire on 7 and 8 man chaos marine squads... I know, wierd. They don't teach you that on the internets!

DrBored
11-12-2010, 01:50 AM
Give the Ravagers Night Shields instead of Flickerfields. It may seem awesome to have a 5+ invuln save, but a 4+ cover save is even better. Night Shields wreak havoc on your enemy. Suddenly rapid-firing weapons only rapid fire 6" against them. Suddenly Chimera Multilasers only shoot 30", meaning you can out-shoot them with your Dark Lances if you measure your distances right.

Also, the Wyches need some love. Shardnets will go a long way, and bring those squads back up to 10. If you don't have an HQ riding with them, there's no reason you should have 9. Get 10 so you can get 2 Shardnets, and drop one of the Wych squads completely. Use the points leftover for... something else, like Incubi in a Venom.