PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Blood Angels/DC ish list

Coffeemugg
11-11-2010, 10:34 AM
So here is a list I am thinking about play testing, the Idea being an army that will attempt to crush someone with assault. Also it is kind of a Death Company Themed list. I just can’t help myself….

I get so sick of seeing the RB Pred Spam stuff.

You will notice that I did not upgrade my Death Company. DC doesn’t really need power weapons or anything with a chap attached. They get so many attacks that are rerolled that it seemed more points efficient to run them bare. The idea being that they will be in the Stormraven zooming across the table with a Chaplain and a DC Dread. The Dread will be there Power Weapons.

Mephiston will follow just behind the assault squad w/ attached SP. He will be able to keep a cover save while he trucks across the board hunting down tanks and heavy weapon teams.

Land raider with terminators ride up the PIPE or DS(haven’t decided yet). These guys with the attaché SP are a tough cookie to crack.

Drop Pod with Dread will be my distract/tank hunter. He can also double up with the StromRaven dread in case one gets destroyed.

Right off the bat the army will not do well in a multiple Objective Based mission.

Take and Hold it would do OK. It will be a list you have to “PLAY” and can’t just auto pilot.

Kill Points- I should do ok…if I don’t get plasma’d off the table on turn 3.

PROS-
Every unit in the amry will have FNP and FC-
The army is fast-
Small elite force that will Look nice on the table-
High Damage output in CC-
Meph is a beast-

CONS
Low model count-
Low Scoring units-
Lack of shooting-

Mephiston- 250

10 Death Company-200

Death Company Dread w/Talons- 125

Storm Raven/TL AC/TL MM-200

Chaplain(joined to Death Company)-100

Terminator Assault Squad/4 Thammers 1 Pclaws-220
Trasport- Land Raider Redemer/MM-250

2xSagunary High Priest/1JP/. (JP joined to assault squad)-125
(regular joind to terminators)

10 man assault Squad w Power Weapon/2flamer 210

Death Company Dread/ Bfists/D-Pod/Heavy Flamer 170

I am hoping that with every unit being a High Treat it will make it harder to choose what to shoot first, mitigating some of the damage that can come.

Tell me what you think.

lowdog
11-12-2010, 11:08 AM
I would put at least one powerfist in the DC just in case they hit a walker.

I would also put more claws in your assault squad. one or two shields to soak up hits is fine, but your priest is giving them furious charge, the claws take advantage of that with higher strength and more importantly higher initiative.

Other than that you only have one scoring unit. If 1850 points worth of savvy enemy notice this and target 10 assault marines, even with Feel No Pain, then you are playing for a draw in 2/3 of your games.

Tynskel
11-12-2010, 07:15 PM
I would put at least one powerfist in the DC just in case they hit a walker.

I would also put more claws in your assault squad. one or two shields to soak up hits is fine, but your priest is giving them furious charge, the claws take advantage of that with higher strength and more importantly higher initiative.

Other than that you only have one scoring unit. If 1850 points worth of savvy enemy notice this and target 10 assault marines, even with Feel No Pain, then you are playing for a draw in 2/3 of your games.

That's only if he doesn't kill all of his opponent!