PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar 2000 pt list

DrBored
11-12-2010, 02:15 AM
Alright.. well, I love Wyches, plain and simple. I don't love them as troops though. As troops they're pretty dismal, but I do love them as Bloodbrides. Here's my list...

HQ - Succubus w/Agoniser - 85 pts

HQ - Succubus w/Agoniser - 85 pts

EL - Bloodbrides (9 models) - 187 pts
-Syren w/Agoniser, x3 Shardnets
-Raider w/Flickerfield - 70 pts

EL - Bloodbrides (9 models) - 187 pts
-Syren w/Agoniser, x3 Shardnets

TR - Kabalite Warriors (10 models) - 130 pts
-Sybarite w/Venom Blade, Blaster, Splinter Cannon

TR - Kabalite Warriors (10 models) - 130 pts
-Sybarite w/Venom Blade, Blaster, Splinter Cannon

TR - Kabalite Warriors (10 models) - 125 pts
-Sybarite, Blaster, Splinter Cannon
-Raider w/Night Shields - 70 pts

TR - Kabalite Warriors (10 models) - 125 pts
-Sybarite, Blaster, Splinter Cannon
-Raider w/Night Shields - 70 pts

FA - Reavers (6 models) - 172 pts
-x2 Cluster Caltrops

HV - Razorwing Fighter - 175 pts
-Night Shields, x2 Necrotoxin Missiles, x2 Shatterfield Missiles

HV - Razorwing Fighter - 175 pts
-Night Shields, x2 Necrotoxin Missiles, x2 Shatterfield Missiles

Whew. Yeah. I like the look of it, and it's going to look sick on the table too. The Wyches in this list target the biggest, baddest unit your enemy has and charges right into the fray, unleashing tons of attacks, especially Agoniser attacks, and taking very few back. The sooner they get a Pain Token the better, so targeting something squishy first wouldn't be a bad idea.

The Warriors do what you might expect. The ones with Flickerfields will go for my opponent's objectives and the ones without will sit on my objectives, and probably actually stay in reserves to protect them.

The Reavers play interference, running right into my enemy's face and targetting those Long Fangs and Scouts and hitting them with 2d6 str 6 attacks. The enemy won't be able to ignore them, but won't be able to do much about them either. If the Reavers don't take focused fire early on, then they'll play objective-grab at the end of the game.

The Razorwing Fighters are all about outranging the enemy. The missiles can fire 48", which means they can sit back and pop those things off from the opposite end of the board from my opponent's missile launchers and lascannons. The Night Shields increase their survivability, and the fact that they can flat-out 36" is a nice addition. The Missiles are both impressive at taking out infantry. the Necrotoxin is poison (2+) and pinning, while the Shatterfield is str 7 that reroll's to wound. Both are large-blast templates. It also comes stock with two Dark Lances, meaning it's not without it's own transport-popping power, so it can pop the transports and kill the things inside.

There's not much that the enemy can afford to ignore, and the key with this army, as with most DE armies, is getting that first turn strike so I can pop their vehicles early on. Once those troops are out in the open, it's all over.