PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar: 1500 - Lil' bit o' everything

BlindGunn
11-12-2010, 11:28 AM
So, this list is just to test things out a bit, see what can do what.

At 1500 points, I wanted to try a bit of everything, but didn't have the points to do "lots" Some units just had to be left behind. I went for a variety.

HQ:
Archon w/ Agonizer & Shadow Field
(Bare Bones just to get points for other toys elsewhere. Basically, I needed an HQ and I had the model!)

Elite:
6 X Incubi (down from original 7) w/
Raider w/ Flicker Field & Nightshield
(Archon's "Body Guard")

Troops:
10 XWyches w/
Haywire Grenades
(I've had Wyches tied up against Dreadnaughts before - need SOMETHING other than a single agonizer.)
2 X Wych Weapons (Shardnet& Impaler + repeat or Razorflails)
Hekatrix w/
Agonizer

10 X Kabalite Warrior on foot w/ Dark lance
(May replace Dark Lance w/ Splinter Cannon & Blaster)

10 X Kabalite Warrior on foot w/ Dark Lance
(May replace Dark Lance w/ Splinter Cannon & Blaster)

10 X Kabalite Warrior w/ Splinter Cannon & Blaster

Fast Atack:
5 X Hellions DROP - Have to leave these out this time around - I can't add it seems

6 X Reavers
(still playing with Weapon Options here, leaning toward 2 blasters as Vehicles are a worry to me))

Heavy:
Ravager w/ Nightshield & Flickerfield

Razorwing w/ Splinter Cannon upgrade, Nightshield & Flickerfield

Before going crazy on the Foor Warriors, I got a seperate topic for that up a level! I want to try them out as Mathhammer and "real life" tend to be quite different for me. (How many 1's can you roll out of 10 dice?) ;)

Vehicles all have Flickerfields (Why wouldn't you?) and Nightshields (because I've lost too many DE vehicles in the past to massed bolter fire).

- Archon with Incubi and the Wyches are my main assault units.
- Raiders & Ravager provide most of the anti-vehicle support.
- Kablite Warriors grab objectives and provide fire support.
- Reevers are harassment units with Reevers going after vehicles only if Raiders and Ravagers need help.
- Razorwing - while the 2 Dark Lances means it can go after vehicles in a pinch, most the weapons (especially the missiles) are Anti-Infantry. Going after his "nasty" CC units (hopefully) before he gets to mine.

I figure the list should be fun, if nothing else. It should help me identify what works and what doesn't for me.

To upgrade to 1750, I'd like to beef up the Archon and Reevers. Also want to add a unit of Mandrakes to sneak in behind my opponent and some Hellions for fun. Maybe shuffle some more points around for another Troop choice on a Raider. If the Razorwing proves good, I could drop the Ravager and upgrade to a 2nd Razorwing.

What think the great masses?

BlindGunn
11-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Just a quick update:

Played a Demon Hunter's army:
Inquisitor in Term armour, couple of Stormtrooper squads with toys, couple of Dreadnoughts, couple of Grey Night squads in Power Armour and a squad of Grey Knights with Terminator armour with the following:

HQ:
Archon w/ Agonizer, Haywire grenades & Shadow Field

Elite:
6 X Incubi w/
(Archon's "Body Guard")

Troops:
10 XWyches w/
Haywire Grenades
2 X Shardnet & Impaler
Hekatrix w/ Agonizer

20 X Kabalite Warrior on foot w/ 2 X Dark lance

10 X Kabalite Warrior w/ Splinter Cannon & Blaster

Fast Atack:
6 X Reavers w/ 2X Cluster Caltroops

Heavy:
Ravager w/ Nightshield & Flickerfield

Razorwing w/ Splinter Cannon upgrade, Nightshield & Flickerfield
=======================
Well, My opponent had terrible luck. His Terminator Squad never came down before the game ended in turn 4.

I had 1st turn and quickly blew up one Dread, damaged the other, blasted one squad of Stormtroopers with the Razorwing and finished wiping it out with the Reavers the following turn. I Did loose all my Incubi & 1/2 my Wyches when I rolled poorly for Fleet of Foot, Wyches running away and recovering on the other side of a hill.

He then popped out an assassin at my Archon, but the Archon won in 2-3 turns of combat.

The Wyches eventually charged and destroyed one of the Grey Knights squads and finished taking out the remaining Dreadnought (with the Archin's help) by the end of turn 4 while the Reavers ran over the other Grey Knights Squad multiple times, before wiping them out.

The Stormtroopers in the dugout managed to blow the Warrior's Raider out of the sky and kill off the survivors. The Warriors on foot, Raiders and the Razorwing took out the other Stormtrooper squad with the Inquisitor (They spent the whole turn holed up in a dugout). The Reavers once again finished off this unit by doing high-speed passes over top them.

All done by end of turn 4.

Heros of the Match?

Razorwing: Took out huge chunks of most his infantry squads (I used up all my missiles and fired the Darl Lances & Splinter Cannons every turn.

Reavers: wiped out 2 squads just by driving fast over them every turn (after everyone else blew big chunks away).

Wyches: Lost 1/2 of them in the 1st turn's shooting as I came up too short to charge into combat. But they recovered and came back to grind down one squad of Grey Knights and Glanced a Dread to death with Haywire Grenades.

Archon was nasty and I was incredibly lucky not to have lost him to shooting 1st turn.

While the 20-man squad with 2 Dark Lances did their job - the unit size was awkward. Also, I'm very short on troop choices. May try splittig back into 2 X 10 Warrior squads with a Dark Lance each.

Surprisingly, both Nightshields and Flickerfields were usefull this game. Both were used to save the Razorwing, the Ravager and a Raider. While the Nightshield did reduce the number of hits on another, it was a Krak Grenade from a grenade Launcher that took out the Warrior's Raider.