PDA

View Full Version : All commers VS All commers

charliemachina
11-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Ok i'm torn I known the double special characters list is flawed but I do enjoy it so, the alternative more frugal list is more reliable and I feel has more killing power so help me decide:

3 Vindicators
3 Razorbacks with Assualt Cannons
3 5 Man Tac Squads
Tigerius
Shrike
1 Assault Squad + Thunderhammer

1500pts

or

3 Vindicators + Extra Armour
3 Razorbacks with Assault Cannons
3 5 Man Tac Squads + Power Fist
Epistolary Might of Ancients, Avenger
Chaplain + Jump Pack + Power Fist + Digital weapons
1 Assault Squad + Power Fist + 2 Flamers

1500pts

Ill miss all the special tricks (Filthy first turn Shrike Alpha Strike, Re-rolling reserves, ALL Psyker powers) but I could always take the first list above and fix it for a larger point game!

Any and all thoughts very very welcome.

Charlie

Lupercal
11-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Personally, I like the second list better. The assault squad is more versatile and the vindicators more survivable.

That said, the list you use should depend upon your motivation. In a more competitive setting, use the second list. Use the first list in fun games because you like it so much.

charliemachina
11-13-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm thinking that the second list sits as my standard all comers list and the double Shrike/Tigerius list needs more thought and points to really take advantage of their special abilities.

I play with the units that I like the idea of and then try and make them into a list that is a competitive and fun as possible. Not liking units is why i've just got rid of ten thunder hammer terminators.....I know they are game winners but I don't like how they look and they didn't capture my imagination.

I'd certainly like advice on what powers the Epistolary should have in the second list!

cheers

Charlie