PDA

View Full Version : 1500pt Eldar Noob List

eagleboy7259
11-13-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm picking up Eldar this winter. After playing demons for a bit, I think it's time to start an army that isn't quite so random. For starters I've got a War Walker and I'm thinking that 2x of the battle force boxes would get me going in the right direction. Outside of that I definitely want some Banshees.

This much is basically set in stone: (1050pts)

10x Howling Banshees w/ Exarch (Executioner & Acrobatic) - 187pts
Wave Serpent w/ Eldar Missile Launchers & Spirit Stones - 130pts

10x Dire Avengers w/ Exarch (double shuriken catapults & Bladestorm) - 152pts
Wave Serpent w/ Eldar Missile Launchers & Spirit Stones - 130pts

10 Guardian Defenders w/ Warlock (Embolden & Singing Spear) Eldar Missile Launcher Platform - 128pts
10 Guardian Defenders w/ Warlock (Embolden & Singing Spear) Eldar Missile Launcher Platform - 128pts

3x War Walkers w/ Scatter Lasers & Spirit Stones- 195pts

What direction should I go in for HQ and finishing off the list? I've been thinking about Eldrard or a pair of Farseers to go with the Banshees and Avengers. I'm also between adding Fire Dragons, Guardian Jetbikes, Shining Spears, a Falcon, Fire Prism, or Night Spinner. So basically how would you build an Eldar army using the battle force boxes as a jumping off point?

davel
11-14-2010, 01:17 AM
seers seem the way forward. eldrad is a little pricy for 1500 but many eldar generals swear by him.

most of your next selections seem sound following pointers

Spears just don't kill what their supposed to and need an exarch with hit and run
dragons are good but need transport.
fire prism, if you get one then a second is a good move.

One thing, if you are putting your walkers squadron (not such a bad idea as it 1 kill point not 3) the squadron rules effectively give you spirit stones for free ( I'll check on this as It's been a while since I've used one)

Dave l

Cyndr
11-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Walkers are a great way to go. Keep a Farseer with Guide nearby and they become even more deadly. You can literally erase units from the board if they are in the right place at the right time.

As Davel has mentioned, Eldrad is expensive for 1500, so I would go for a Seer (doom+guide) or possibly a doomseer (keep with your DAs) and a guideseer (keep with your walkers).

The falcon is kind of out of most lists for the time being (we will see what a new codex does about this), but I have been running 2 prisms, with a nightspinnner and love the combination.

I have run guardians similarly equipped to the way you have them. They make a great anvil (and distraction) to the rest of your armies hammer. Just don't expect them to last long if any CC unit gets nearby.

Davel's points on the other units are right on the money. (I would add that the dragons do not need to run in full squads and also do not necessarily need an exarch)

As for how I would build off the battleforce? Wave serpents, wave serpents, wave serpents... (I run with 5 plus my 3 heavy support grav tanks).

eagleboy7259
11-15-2010, 12:19 AM
I know GW put the rules for the Night Spinner online but I can't seem to find them. Does anyone have the link?