PDA

View Full Version : 750 blood angels

TUSK
11-15-2010, 06:29 AM
My gaming club is having a 750 point tourney this weekend only special rules are no 2+ save no 33+ armour value for three sides. This is the list I've come up with I'd love to get some thoughts.

HQ
CHAPTER MASTER SETH

ELITES
PRIEST POWER WEAPON

TROOPS
5 MAN ASSAULT SQUAD
POWER WEAPON
RAZORBACK ASSAULT CANNON DOZERBLADE

5 MAN ASSAULT SQUAD
POWER WEAPON

5 MAN ASSAULT SQUAD
POWER WEAPON

My game plane is to take out major threats with the assault cannons with consetrated fire leaving the squads inside. Taking out one unit or objective at a time. Trying to use my fast moving razorbacks in cover. Most people take marines or chaos. There is an elder a guard and a ork horde player as well. Would really like so advice and comments. I did think about taking a Libby in stead of seth. But if I get assaulted by a daemon prince the Libby isn't going to do much even with sword and rage.

Tynskel
11-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Here's a list that I think, tactically, will give you more flexibility:

HQ 100
100 Codicer Maximus
Blood Lance, Might of Heros

ELITES 50
50 Sanguinary Priesthood
Priest Shaharrim

TROOPS 510
125 Assault Squad Luna
5 Marines, Power Weapon, Flamer, Melta Bombs
55 Dedicated Transport: Razorback w/ Twin-Linked Assault Cannons
125 Assault Squad Gamma
5 Marines, Power Weapon, Flamer, Melta Bombs
55 Dedicated Transport: Razorback w/ Twin-Linked Assault Cannons
150 Assault Squad Sol
5 Marines, Powerfist, Infernus Pistol, Meltagun

Hv SUPPORT 90
90 Whirlwind

Whirlwinds are little gems in small games, especially Blood Angels whirlwinds. Tank Shock 12", Fire Pie Plate! Move 6", fire indirectly!

Duncndisorderly
11-15-2010, 09:15 AM
If you turn two 5 man units into a ten man unit and then combat squad it back into two 5 man units you gain a few benefits.

It would allow you to buy could buy a lascannon and a melta gun for the ten man squad and a combi weapon for your seargent , for this to happen you need 30 points to spend, where do you find the points? simples

drop seth for a reclusiarch, not only does this release 30 points it also gives rerolls to hit in assault to any unit the reclusiarch joins

TUSK
11-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the replys. I did think about a whirl wind I like the idea thanks

the other idea I had was to drop all the power weapons for a speeder with a multi melta to have a tank hunting unit.

Or swap 3 assault squad with 2 10 man tac squads with flamers and missile launchers and grab and extra priest. Seth is not a popular guy. He would be the only invun save I would have. thanks again