PDA

View Full Version : 1850 BA list for Adepticon

Coffeemugg
11-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Hey all,
Here is an 1850 I’m considering play testing for Adepticon.
Let me know what you think.
Question: Has anyone used the bare Flamestorm configuration with good results?
Question: Is the Priest even worth taking in this list?
Question: What Bear is best?
THE LIST
Mephiston

Furrioso Dread/Talons/EA/Heavy Flamer
Storm Raven/Assault Cannon/MM/EA
6 man assault squad/PW/mG/

5 man assault squad/PW/FL/
Transport: Razorback- LC/PG

Assault Terminators 3 LC/2TH
Transprot: Redeemer-Multimelta\
Sangunary Priest-Joined to terminators

Ball Preditor/Flame Storm(outflank)

Angelofblades
11-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Question: Has anyone used the bare Flamestorm configuration with good results?

Never had good results with it, assault cannons all the way

Question: Is the Priest even worth taking in this list?

The real question is, is this list even worth taking?

Question: What Bear is best?

I like poal bears

THE LIST
Mephiston

Mephiston is fail, no invul save = lascannon fodder. Personally I like Sanguinor, where Sanguinor > Mephiston every day of the week. Plus with all the psychic shut down out there, of which you will face at Adepticon, you're better off with a regular Libby.

6 man assault squad/PW/mG/

All these minimum sized scoring units is bad, I've tested multilpe lists and you need a main troops choice that has numbers in it. The SR has cabin size! Use it!

Assault Terminators 3 LC/2TH
Transprot: Redeemer-Multimelta\
Sangunary Priest-Joined to terminators

Why not just fit all your kill units in the SR? Take the assault marines out of the SR, put them in a Razorback w/ Las/plas, drop the redeemer, this way you have a librarian w/ priest and the 5 termies in the SR. Give the libby Unleash Rage and now your termies have Preferred Enemy, and Furious charge.

Baal preds aren't worth it if they don't cost 145 points with heavy bolters and assault cannons. If you're going to attempt an MSU style list, you need more units out there, you need at least 4 razorbacks.

Coffeemugg
11-16-2010, 01:52 PM
New List:
Mephiston- I have to say that I have played him several times in competitive settings and found that lack of invul has not mattered. If you "Play" him he has no problems surviving. Cover is king in this game and Meph is easy to hide. Heck I just need to put him behind that land raider and he has a mobile cover platform. He is a Flying Fleet Swarmlord Tankhunter. I could also stuff him in the raven and make the terminators teleport. Any psychic shut down goes both ways with him as he has a hood as well.

Assault Terminators 3 LC/2TH-I have decided that terminators don’t really need “More Kill”. Leaving out the Priest.

10 man assault Squad w Power Weapon/MG
Transprot: Redeemer-Multimelta\EA
- I do also agree about the scoring squad size. I will try a 10 man squad in a LR.

Ball Preditor/Flame Storm- I am going to playtest outflanking Flame Preds before I nix them.
Ball Preditor/Flame Storm

Splug
11-16-2010, 02:24 PM
The flamestorm predators are much scarier if you get to go first and scout move to flame on turn 1. Outflanking them in my experience has resulted in them coming in on the wrong side, or the opponent just centralizing in the middle of the board. You really need to be sure to spread objectives out on both sides of the table to force your opponent there to get good use of the baals.

If you have two flamestorms already, putting a redeemer on the table seems a bit overkill. You probably want more things to get people out of their mech; you've got plenty to deal with them once they're on the table between mephiston, the predators, the dreadnought, the terminators, and even the big assault squad. Maybe just leave the assault squad's jump packs on and grab either some devastators or some multi-melta attack bikes?

Duke
11-16-2010, 03:54 PM
I am not the biggest fan of flame storm baals, it is deadly, but it exposes the very vulnerable side armor of the Baal. Assault cannon heavy blotter builds are much better IMHO.

Duke

Tynskel
11-16-2010, 06:54 PM
I feel that the list could use a Vindicator.

If you drop a Baal and downgrade a Las/Plas Razorback to Rhino, you can get a Vindicator with a Siege Shield in there. (or stay at Razorback, and take a Dozerblade--- I prefer the Siege Shield, why make a test at all?)

lowdog
11-17-2010, 10:10 AM
I would keep the Priest if you're taking Lightning Claws. The initiative 5 is maybe bigger IMO than the +1 Strength, giving you the chance to jump out ahead even of other termies and MEQ and reduce attacks coming back.

Aventine
11-18-2010, 03:34 PM
I have been using a pair of flamestorm Baals pretty heavily since the Codex dropped. At first I mainly outflanked them, but started to mix it up when the FAQ said you could pop smoke on your scout move. In the right situation, outflanking can be great. I also used a Redeemer with them alot, the four flamestorm templates really gives the army a big intimidation factor..