PDA

View Full Version : Battlescape---Better than expected!

imperialsavant
08-25-2009, 04:31 AM
;) G'day All.
Well I got my Battlescape kit today & was plesantly suprised to find it was NOT made from the thin plastic like the Blastscape Craters etc.

Yes folks, its Hard Poly like the models are made from & will be quite durable on the gaming table & has ribbing underneath to strengthen the moulding. Its just perfect for Planetstrike & your usual 40K games.
Next Job is to paint it up to match my Cities of Death table mat which we use for Planetstrike & as part of our Apocalypse Games.

[U]Disclaimer: No I do not work for GW! lol;)

Schnitzel
08-25-2009, 02:08 PM
I dunno if any one else noticed this, but on the back of the IG Codex the blast scape is featured in a picture. I was looking over it yesterday and realized it for the first time. The pictures are always so full of models its sometimes easy to miss something so obvious!

RealGenius
08-25-2009, 02:41 PM
GW seems to have been doing that a lot lately-- sneaking previews of things into new books.

Great news on the Battlescape; now I definitely have to get one.

lauran
08-25-2009, 03:25 PM
I think the new bastion kit was also featured in the 5th edition rulebook.

MajorSoB
08-25-2009, 03:33 PM

It most definitely was pictured. Check out the Planetstrike book. There is an unreleased Deamon Prince in several picture.

Back on topic, I just bought this terrain model and I am pleased with it. I also liked the blastscape craters as well even though I do understand the complaints on them. They paint up very nicely.

clkeagle
08-25-2009, 04:32 PM
The Dark Angels Indomitable Fortress also looks like a preview kit. Its wall sections look fairly manufactured - I'd expect to see something with those parts in the next year.

thewickedworm
08-25-2009, 09:49 PM
I got a terrain kit and I really like it. It's detailed, sturdy and makes a great scenary set.

imperialsavant
08-28-2009, 07:10 PM

;) Yes, I only noticed that the other day when I was checking some rules!

imperialsavant
08-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Back on topic, I just bought this terrain model and I am pleased with it. I also liked the blastscape craters as well even though I do understand the complaints on them. They paint up very nicely.

:) Yes I agree they do look great when painted up. Certainly add some colour & atmosphere to a Table & they also can act as Stratigum results. I think the Plasma/Laser Burn one is exceptional.;)

vman
08-28-2009, 08:08 PM
I still dont understand the trees on the battlescape

they look horrid

Doombringer
09-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Is the Rhino molded into the battlescape or is it a separate piece? I agree the trees just look odd.

Carly
09-02-2009, 01:05 AM
I brought one of these yesterday and I too are happy with it.

And the rhino is molded into the battlescape. And I think the trees are meant to be dead and twisted with mostly only the trunks left. Personally I think they look cool.

timbo101
09-02-2009, 02:27 PM
I still dont understand the trees on the battlescape

they look horrid

Ever seen a picture of a first world war battle thats run though woodland. All you get left of the trees are a few battered trunks. I think they have captured that feel rather well

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-02-2009, 02:46 PM
I bought three of them, and they all look great to me. the details are quite crisp.

I bought them for the tree's, to use for my next minor-xeno project, so if anyone wants to get rid of those tree's..... ;)