PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Dark Eldar vs Space Wolves

Duke
11-17-2010, 12:21 AM
Go to my blog and read it, post comments too... Or you'll burn (maybe)

http://dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Duke

Tynskel
11-17-2010, 07:40 PM
crap, I am on fire.

Tynskel
11-18-2010, 07:47 AM
funny. everything you said in your comments in the end are exactly what I thought about when I read the codex. Ravengers are not all cracked up to what people think.

Void Bomber, on the other hand has three lance weapons (one is 1 use) and they are all str 9. That Makes a world of a difference. Yes, it is 50% more than a ravenger, but you increase you chances of busing up just about any vehicle.

gcsmith
11-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Hmm u seem to of used 2 ravagers, but only one in ur list. not that it makes much difference.

Sparfunk
11-18-2010, 08:29 PM
interesting read. after reading BuFFo's bat reps i was quite sold on the idea of not spending a small fortune trying to convert bombers/fighters, then after reading yours im thinking 'oh, maybe ravagers arent so hot?'... could the bad luck with them in that game be put down to dice rolls? also, a land raider is a pretty tough cookie to crack.

i wish i had that many venoms, or could (afford to?) make that many venoms, my favourite squad at the moment is the 3 trueborn in a venom. 4 splinter cannons and a shard carbine, awesome!

what were your thoughts on anti tank in your army? did you have enough, or could you have used more? you only had 5 dark lances, 7 blasters and 2 heat lances... would you change any of that in hindsight? (raiders for the warriors instead of venoms perhaps?)

edit: 8 dark lances if there was infact a 2nd ravager.

Mandor
12-10-2010, 12:03 PM
It's not actually the Ravager that's the problem. A skimmer that moves at cruising speed and can still fire all weapons is quite interesting. It's the Dark Lance itself that is quite bad. 36", strength 8, AP2, Lance is pretty lousy for an anti-vehicle weapon, especially with the current transport meta game.

I agree that the Splinter Cannon is awesome though, especially two on a Venom.