PDA

View Full Version : Home Brew Apocalypse Datasheets + Formations

Daemonette666
11-17-2010, 08:55 AM
I think this is the best place to put this thread.

I have written a couple of Adeptus Sororitas Datasheets for Apocalypse.

The first is a Baneblade conversion I was thinking of making.

UNIT OR FORMATION NAME WEAPONS RNG STR AP SPECIAL

Fortress of Faith – 600 Pts Melta Cannon 60” 10 1 5” Blast, Primary
Weapon, Melta

Autocannon 72” 7 4 Heavy 2, Co-Axial

TYPE: Super Heavy Tank Inferno Gun Template 6 3 No Cover Saves

Exorcist Launcher 48” 8 1 Heavy D6

Multi-Melta 24” 8 1 Melta
STRUCTURE POINTS: 3
ARMOUR
BS FRONT SIDE REAR
4 14 13 12

WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT

Turret Mounted Melta Cannon with Co-axial Autocannon.
Hull Mounted Exorcist Missile Launcher
Hull Mounted Inferno Gun
2 Sponsons – each with one Heavy Flamer and one Twin Linked Multi-Melta
Searchlight and Smoke Launchers

SPECIAL RULES:
Icon of War – All units with the Sororitas special rule within 24” of the Fortress of Faith are stubborn and get rerolls for both morale and faith tests. They roll 3 dice and choose the 2 they want. They can role for morale even if under half strength or routing.

OPTIONS:
May add two side sponsons (for a total of 2 each side), weach with one Heavy Flamer and one Twin Linked Multi-Melta at a cost of 100 Points.

May be given one each of the following from Codex Witch Hunters: Hunter Killer Missile, Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter, Loud Hailer, Holy Promethium.

The second is for a Commandery level formation.

Adeptus Sororitas Commandery 400 Pts + Models

When a war escalates to such an extent that an entire Commandery is called upon to deliver the Emperor’s Justice, then no power in the universe can break the sister’s faith in their God Emperor. Before the battle, sacred vaults untouched for centuries, are opened, and holy relics and weapons of war are blessed and sanctified for the upcoming battle.

FORMATION: 1 HQ only and two or more Troop Squads. For every two Troop Squads, you may take one unit from each of the following unit types – Elite, Fast Attack and Heavy Support. I.E. 2 troops and 1 elite, 1 fast attack and 1 heavy support + 1 HQ.

HQ – 1 "Commandery", a single squad comprising one Cannoness, 0-5
Palantines, and a celestian retinue of 5-10 models.
Troops – (2+) Battle Sister Squads
Elites – (0+) * chosen from Celestian or Sisters Repentia.
Fast Attack – (0+) * chosen from Seraphim or Dominion Squads.
Heavy Support – (0+) * chosen from Retributor Squad, Immolator and Exorcist Tanks

SPECIAL RULES:

1: All units must start the Game with in 18” of the Commandery, or if coming in from Reserves they must enter within 18” of its entry point.
2: All units from the formation within 18” of the Commandery are fearless and have a psychic save of 3+. Psykers suffer perils of the warp even if their attack against the unit fails.
3: Whilst the Commandery is on the table, the army gains +D3 Faith Points each turn.
4. Imagifers cost 10 Points rather than the regular cost of 20 Points.
5. Veteran Superiors are a free upgrade for squads that can take them.

Vehicles cost the reduced points values detailed in the Forgeworld's Imperial Armour (Vol 2) rule updates PDF, and can include Repressor Transport Tanks.

The formation gets the following Strategic Assets: Holy War, Flank March & Supreme Headquarters

My current sister's army is about 5600 points, not including the cost for a commandery. I hope to get an opponent to send my army in its entirety against one day. Maybe add my 3000 points of Adeptus Arbites (built using the minidex for Adeptus Abites written by BOLS).

I hope this inspires others to work on some.

Connjurus
11-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Tank looks good....except for maybe that hullmounted Exorcist missile launcher. Things a little big for even a Baneblade Chassis to consider it hull-mounted.

Daemonette666
11-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Tank looks good....except for maybe that hullmounted Exorcist missile launcher. Things a little big for even a Baneblade Chassis to consider it hull-mounted.
Maybe I can mould it onto the back of the Baneblade turret, possibly extend the turret backwards -transplant an exorcist launcher section from an exorcist tank and use plasticard for the sides and base.

The turret might be a too long then, but there are some tanks used in games like Classic Battletech, and others systems that incorporate a missile launcher at the back of the turret.

I would probably put some form of shrine at the front instead, next to the Inferno gun.

Connjurus
11-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Maybe I can mould it onto the back of the Baneblade turret, possibly extend the turret backwards -transplant an exorcist launcher section from an exorcist tank and use plasticard for the sides and base.

The turret might be a too long then, but there are some tanks used in games like Classic Battletech, and others systems that incorporate a missile launcher at the back of the turret.

I would probably put some form of shrine at the front instead, next to the Inferno gun.

I think the best thing to do is to get that Forgeworld Exorcist missile launcher conversion kit here:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Witch_Hunters/EXORCIST-CONVERSION-KIT.html

And put one of each of those missile pods where I think you're putting the Heavy Flamers, and instead take a hull-mounted either twin-linked heavy flamer, which is a bit tiny, or a flamestorm cannon.

Herald of Nurgle
11-17-2010, 01:50 PM
I think the best thing to do is to get that Forgeworld Exorcist missile launcher conversion kit here:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Witch_Hunters/EXORCIST-CONVERSION-KIT.html

And put one of each of those missile pods where I think you're putting the Heavy Flamers, and instead take a hull-mounted either twin-linked heavy flamer, which is a bit tiny, or a flamestorm cannon.
Don't even get the conversion kit - get the whole kit and for less than the actual tank *lol*

Daemonette666
11-18-2010, 03:24 AM

I have a Chaos Predator I bought last year off e-bay from Andy Hoare. It is purple with an Exorcist missile launcher on the back to represent a dirge caster.

I could transplant this, or even get a whole new kit and put it on the back ot the Baneblade turret. I like the looks of the traditional pipe organ missile launcher. It looks sooo sisters classic, and will give it a classic look that everyone wil immediately recognise all the way across the table.

Using plasticard and greenstuff, the conversion should be very easy. I can then use the rhino base to make up a standard rhino for one of my sisters units. Also I can not wait until the plastic sisters rumoured to be in development (with problems in getting the arm sleeve to come out correctly delaying both the codex and the miniatures), and to be released with the delayed codex.

I built a Khorne Tower of Skulls and Base for Golden Daemon - see below, so it should be an easy build, and I know I can make it look very impressive with the right paintjob.

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy251/Daemonette666/KTOS_withbase_LS_sep2010.jpg.

Putting the exorcist missile launcher in the turret will also mean its arc of fire is not limited to its direct front, which is a weakness of the exorcist.