PDA

View Full Version : Experience's with Mantic

Emperorsmercy
11-17-2010, 12:31 PM
SO! Hello there, and I just thought it would be nice for a thread about the great work going on at Mantic. In the last few months I have been eyeing up their services, checking out the models and recently the new Kings Of War ruleset.

So what do you think about Mantic? What would you like to see? What do you think of the models (Fully expecting elf and possibly dwarf hatred. :D )

What about the ruleset? Personally I think it's alright, but a bit unoriginal. But we'll see. If you look at my blog I have some model reviews on the mantic skeletons, and in the next few days the Dwarven Ironclads.

Have at it! :)

Chugosh
12-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Their Youtube videos range from dry to goofy-fun.
A lot of neat models. I like their elves and dwarves better than some, and their undead are very well crafted, if the pictures are to be believed. I'm not an owner of any. I'm not even really into Fantasy miniatures, but these, and their ruleset make me about want to dive on in. The sense of humor displayed in certain of the models, such as the smoking boots included with the dwarven cannon crew, really put the stuff into the winner's circle. Also the fact that all their stuff comes in padded plastic carry cases is good, plus they have their carry bags for sale, even free with big orders from their website.

Good company with things happening.

crartist24
06-23-2011, 07:56 AM
I want to use mantic for a dual role for thier own wonderful game its a blast and for fantasy. So Id like to see more weapon options for the models not that this means much to mantics game but with gw's it does. So if i could make swordsmen out of spearsmen thatd be nice. Also bolth game equivalent to thier elete elf units are insanly expensive its like 35 for ten from mantic and 50 from gw this shouldnt be the case make em cool makem plastic. Mantic needs to learn from GWs mistakes not make'm.

lobster-overlord
06-23-2011, 09:28 AM
I've been selling them in my store for almost a year now, and while they're good quality, they havn't really caught on in my local area. We have two players who play the game, but have small armies. I'm hoping that the infusion of two new armies, and the whole Sci Fi world will bring them to the front along side PP and GW.

John M.