PDA

View Full Version : Quickening

Spanklet
08-25-2009, 10:58 AM
SM Codex says that casting Quickening will give the Librarian Fleet ability.

Am I understanding correctly that this only applies to the Librarian? Not many Librarians I know of will solo assault.

Its like a Chaplain having a CC skill that only applies if he solo CC. Even worse since Librarians are not CC gods.

Culven
08-25-2009, 11:10 AM
It looks like you understand the rule. I'm not sure what the best use of the power would be other than the Initiative boost. I guess it could be used for a suicide, er . . . I mean a "Heroic" charge hoping to slay something with the Force Weapon. With I10, there is a chance, of course, most things one might try this against will simply kill the Librarian if he fails.

Perhaps if it is used to try killing an MC that is tarpitting an important unit?

Spanklet
08-25-2009, 11:19 AM
It looks like you understand the rule. I'm not sure what the best use of the power would be other than the Initiative boost. I guess it could be used for a suicide, er . . . I mean a "Heroic" charge hoping to slay something with the Force Weapon. With I10, there is a chance, of course, most things one might try this against will simply kill the Librarian if he fails.

Perhaps if it is used to try killing an MC that is tarpitting an important unit?

Troo... He could also combine quickening with might of the ancients if he can cast twice but thats a very expensive solo CC Libby.

Culven
08-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Troo... He could also combine quickening with might of the ancients if he can cast twice but thats a very expensive solo CC Libby.
Also, if he can only cast twice, then he can't use his Force Weapon ability.

Spanklet
08-25-2009, 05:28 PM
Also, if he can only cast twice, then he can't use his Force Weapon ability.

Ouch! thats Right !!